Clipboard plugin - IDE text copied as RTF, pasted as XML

Mike Kelly

Jan 7, 2020, 5:11:59 AM1/7/20
to Quicksilver
Hi,
I'm using the clipboard plugin with Quicksilver. When using it with Jetbrains Intellij IDE, text copied from files displays as normal in the clipboard manager, but is described as type 'RTF text'. When I try to paste it back into Intellij, it pastes it in XML format, e.g. the string 'jetbrains cut and paste' is pasted as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
  <array>
    <data>
      IC5jYXJkX19ib2R5IHsKICAgIHBvc2l0aW9uOiByZWxhdGl2ZTsKICB9
    </data>
  </array>
</plist>

I don't have the same issue pasting into other apps, or copying from other apps first then pasting into Intellij.

Any idea how to force copying and pasting of plain text?

Mike Kelly

Jan 14, 2020, 5:17:42 AM1/14/20
to Quicksilver
Anyone? It seems this is a more general issue with apps made using Java Swing, so I'm guessing others have experienced this.

Rob McBroom

Jan 14, 2020, 8:08:06 AM1/14/20
to Quicksilver

On 14 Jan 2020, at 5:17, Mike Kelly wrote:

Anyone? It seems this is a more general issue with apps made using Java Swing, so I'm guessing others have experienced this.

A few people have had strange issues with that are supposedly fixed by going back to the previous version of the Clipboard plug-in. Those people are apparently shy. But I would try that and see if it helps.

--
Rob McBroom

Mike Kelly

Jan 14, 2020, 10:01:20 AM1/14/20
to Quicksilver
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately that plugin exhibits the same behaviour. Perhaps if anyone else has a Jetbrains app, or Netbeans, or another Java based app which uses Swing, they could confirm this behaviour.

C. R. Oldham

Jan 14, 2020, 11:01:36 AM1/14/20
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm the behavior, I’ve just learned to workaround it, but often when I try to copy something from the plugin into PyCharm or IDEA, I get that block of XML.

--cro
signature.asc

Mike Kelly