BiwaScheme Everywhere

ArooBaito Art

Aug 16, 2021, 10:49:50 PM8/16/21
to BiwaScheme
Hey, everyone!

I'm here to try to sell you all on how Yutaka Hara's Scheme implementation can
be used literally everywhere again.

Recently I've been cheating at one of my old favorite video games by using BiwaScheme
to edit the memory:

The "ffi-napi" NPM module is a very nice convenience module that allows you to import
DLL's without having to go through the annoying process of setting up a node-gyp, so
I used that plus BiwaScheme to import the Kernel32 and User32 DLLs to modify the
game's memory, allowing me to have infinite souls in the game as well as teleport
anywhere on the map, etc. Really the whole game is moldable this way, and it's been
pretty fun trying it out. I also repeated the process with Chicken Scheme and Chez
Scheme to compare the experience. I feel that BiwaScheme's built-in async timers
are very beneficial to checking for key-presses compared to the other 2.

In addition, I've also finished 2 simple webGL games for a couple of Lisp game jams using BiwaScheme:

They're nothing crazy impressive since the time limits were pretty strict, but I hope you will enjoy them in any case!

Lastly, I've also installed Cordova and have successfully used BiwaScheme to program an app for my phone, specifically sending myself push notifications. Anywhere JavaScript goes, BiwaScheme goes too, and I really enjoy the flexibility and the possibilities that entails. I hope that gives you all some ideas for your own projects as well!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

- ArooBaito

Thomas Elam

Aug 17, 2021, 1:58:23 AM8/17/21
to biwas...@googlegroups.com
ArooBaito,

I really appreciate your work, though I haven't had time to check it out yet.  It's been a really busy week for me.  I hope to get back to BiwaScheme this week and also try out your BiwaScheme related software.

I hope BiwaScheme continues to improve.  God bless Hara!

Tom