BIP-85 Champion Unreachable? Please weigh in.

Aneesh Karve

Jun 26, 2024, 1:59:37 PM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to Bitcoin Development Mailing List
Greetings,

I submitted a pull request to correct some inaccuracies and inconsistencies in BIP-85 but the original author (Ethan Kosakovsky) is unreachable via both email and GitHub.

With guidance from Mark Erhardt I am asking if any of you are able to reach Ethan?

If Ethan is unreachable or unwilling to maintain BIP-85, I volunteer as a champion for BIP-85, as afforded by BIP-2:

It occasionally becomes necessary to transfer ownership of BIPs to a new champion... A good reason to transfer ownership is because the original author no longer has the time or interest in updating it or following through with the BIP process, or has fallen off the face of the 'net (i.e. is unreachable or not responding to email).

I'm a computer scientist who has implemented BIP-85, BIP-32, and BIP-39 here. I use BIP-85 and have written about its potential in other posts on this list.

Jon A

Jun 27, 2024, 1:47:17 PM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to Bitcoin Development Mailing List
Hi Aneesh,
ACK, for my part, on your initiative. The original author, Ethan Kosakovsky, appears to have no GitHub activity since 2021: https://github.com/ethankosakovsky.
Cheers.