Test cases for signing legacy inputs in transactions

58 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Ali Sherief

no leída,
30 abr 2024, 8:01:39 a.m.30 abr
para Bitcoin Development Mailing List
Hi all,

I am aware that there are tons of raw transactions that can be used for testing Segwit transaction constructors in BIP143 and also in the tests/ folder of the codebase somewhere.

However, I am having a hard time finding reproducible legacy transactions. This is usually for one of two reasons:

1) Important information for debugging the transaction signing such as the preimage or private key is missing.
2) The transactions were using OpenSSL to create the signatures, which results in them being non-deterministic and useless for tests. As opposed to using libsecp256k1.

So I am just wondering if anybody knows if there is a place where I can find a bunch of raw legacy transactions, together with private keys, to test my software with.

-Ali

Edil Guimarães de Medeiros

no leída,
30 abr 2024, 9:32:03 a.m.30 abr
para Ali Sherief,Bitcoin Development Mailing List
Well, you might use core itself to create a bunch of private keys and legacy transactions.
That will imply you trust core as a golden model for your software, but since almost everyone in the network assumes to be bug compatible with core, I don't see a problem.

Or am I missing something and being too simplistic?

Edil

Ali Sherief

no leída,
3 may 2024, 8:04:11 p.m.3 may
I don't think that its a good idea to rely on my own generated Core transactions, though. Not because I don't trust Core as having a correct transaction implementation, but because the transactions are still ultimately generated by me so that they are not covering all the edge cases.

-Ali
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar