April Meeting

Elizabethton Bird Club

Mar 23, 2020, 8:34:55 PM3/23/20
to Anderson, James & Darla, Anderson, Jim D., Armistead, Robert, Bailey, Betty, Bailey, Gary, Bayes, Paul & Emily, Bevins, Jerry, Bill & Judy Beckman, Bill Bridgforth, Blanton, Rick, Brenda Richards, Campbell, Debi, Chris Connors, Cox, Lois, David Arapakos, Draper, Dianne, Eller, Glen, Farthing, Harry Lee, Frank McCollum, Fred Alsop, Gardner, Dave, Gayle Connors, Grigsby, Bill, Hacker, Carl & Kozimetz, Claudia, Hall, David, Hinshaw, Jacki, Irick, David & Connie, J. G. Campbell, Jack Litz, John Hay, Judith Reid, Karen Borrelli, Kathy Turner, Ken Rea, Knight, Richard, Knispel, Roy R., Linda & Fred Lanoue, Litz, Katie, Maddux, Vern, Mattioli, Denee & Charles, McDaniel, Larry & Brown, Janet, McGuiness, Joe, Middlemas, Eric, Moore, Charles F., Neth, John, Norman, Harry, Pamela Morgan, Potter, Brookie & Sylvia J, Range, Peter, Rob Biller, Rovira, Brian, Sawyer, Judi, Scott Turner, Soike, David & Debora, Soto, Christina, Stevens, Bryan, Stroud, Kim, Thomas S. McNeil, Vanessa Hawley, Wheat, Mary Anna, Whinery, John, Herndon Bird Club, Allison Mains, Amy & Mallorie Reis, Amy Garner, Carol Hale, Charlie Warden, Cindy Burleson, Cynthia Ehrhardt, David & Jonathan Lugo, Diane McKinna, Gayle Riddervold, Jess Schaner, Joe Ortola, Kathy Campbell, Linda & Rick Moulton, Marlene Good, Mary Jones, Maryann Owen, Michele Sparks, Philip Turner, Rachel Belcher, Robin G. Cooper, Steve Bowers, Sue & Art Hammarlund, Warren Massey, Bristol Birds, Birding Kingsport
Good Evening,

As cases of COVID-19 are beginning to appear in Northeast Tennessee, I think it is time to cancel the April business meeting.  The Spring Roan Mountain Naturalist Rally has been canceled.

I talked to Rick Knight about the Spring Count, which is scheduled for May 2.  The parties are usually small groups of people with less than ten individuals.  Rick thinks that we can organize the count and do compilation through email.  So currently the Spring Count is still on, assuming we don't end up under a shelter in place order.

So the next question is what to do about the banquet.  It is scheduled for May 1.  I am leaning toward cancelling it and trying to reschedule it later in the summer.  What do y'all think?

Hope everyone is healthy!

Kim Stroud,
President of the Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter of TOS

Bennett Cowan

Mar 23, 2020, 9:21:56 PM3/23/20
to Elizabethton Bird Club, Anderson, James & Darla, Anderson, Jim D., Armistead, Robert, Bailey, Betty, Bailey, Gary, Bayes, Paul & Emily, Bevins, Jerry, Bill & Judy Beckman, Bill Bridgforth, Blanton, Rick, Brenda Richards, Campbell, Debi, Chris Connors, Cox, Lois, David Arapakos, Draper, Dianne, Eller, Glen, Farthing, Harry Lee, Frank McCollum, Fred Alsop, Gardner, Dave, Gayle Connors, Grigsby, Bill, Hacker, Carl & Kozimetz, Claudia, Hall, David, Hinshaw, Jacki, Irick, David & Connie, J. G. Campbell, Jack Litz, John Hay, Judith Reid, Karen Borrelli, Kathy Turner, Ken Rea, Knight, Richard, Knispel, Roy R., Linda & Fred Lanoue, Litz, Katie, Maddux, Vern, Mattioli, Denee & Charles, McDaniel, Larry & Brown, Janet, McGuiness, Joe, Middlemas, Eric, Moore, Charles F., Neth, John, Norman, Harry, Pamela Morgan, Potter, Brookie & Sylvia J, Range, Peter, Rob Biller, Rovira, Brian, Sawyer, Judi, Scott Turner, Soike, David & Debora, Soto, Christina, Stevens, Bryan, Stroud, Kim, Thomas S. McNeil, Vanessa Hawley, Wheat, Mary Anna, Whinery, John, Herndon Bird Club, Allison Mains, Amy & Mallorie Reis, Amy Garner, Carol Hale, Charlie Warden, Cindy Burleson, Cynthia Ehrhardt, David & Jonathan Lugo, Diane McKinna, Gayle Riddervold, Jess Schaner, Joe Ortola, Kathy Campbell, Linda & Rick Moulton, Marlene Good, Mary Jones, Maryann Owen, Michele Sparks, Philip Turner, Rachel Belcher, Robin G. Cooper, Steve Bowers, Sue & Art Hammarlund, Warren Massey, Bristol Birds, Birding Kingsport
Cancel it!!

Fred Alsop

Mar 24, 2020, 2:26:02 PM3/24/20
to dcmat...@chartertn.net, Elizabethton Bird Club, Anderson,James & Darla, Anderson,Jim D., Armistead,Robert, Bailey,Betty, Bailey,Gary, Bayes,Paul & Emily, Bevins,Jerry, Bill & Judy Beckman, Bill Bridgforth, Blanton,Rick, Brenda Richards, Campbell,Debi, Chris Connors, Cox,Lois, David Arapakos, Draper,Dianne, Eller,Glen, Farthing,Harry Lee, Frank McCollum, Fred Alsop, Gardner,Dave, Gayle Connors, Grigsby,Bill, Hacker,Carl & Kozimetz,Claudia, Hall,David, Hinshaw,Jacki, Irick,David & Connie, J. G. Campbell, Jack Litz, John Hay, Judith Reid, Karen Borrelli, Kathy Turner, Ken Rea, Knight,Richard, Knispel,Roy R., Linda & Fred Lanoue, Litz,Katie, Maddux,Vern, McDaniel,Larry & Brown,Janet, McGuiness,Joe, Middlemas,Eric, Moore,Charles F., Neth,John, Norman,Harry, Pamela Morgan, Potter,Brookie & Sylvia J, Range,Peter, Rob Biller, Rovira,Brian, Sawyer,Judi, Scott Turner, Soike,David & Debora, Soto,Christina, Stevens,Bryan, Stroud,Kim, Thomas S. McNeil, Vanessa Hawley, Wheat,Mary Anna, Whinery,John, Herndon Bird Club, Allison Mains, Amy & Mallorie Reis, Amy Garner, Carol Hale, Charlie Warden, Cindy Burleson, Cynthia Ehrhardt, David & Jonathan Lugo, Diane McKinna, Gayle Riddervold, Jess Schaner, Joe Ortola, Kathy Campbell, Linda & Rick Moulton, Marlene Good, Mary Jones, Maryann Owen, Michele Sparks, Philip Turner, Rachel Belcher, Robin G. Cooper, Steve Bowers, Sue & Art Hammarlund, Warren Massey, Bristol Birds, Birding Kingsport

>I agree that the April meeting and the banquet should be cancelled and we can reassess the situation later regarding the May meeting.
>
>My hope is that all of you take every precaution and that all of you stay well.
>
>Denee
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 23, 2020, at 8:34 PM, Elizabethton Bird Club <elizabetht...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Good Evening,
>>
>> As cases of COVID-19 are beginning to appear in Northeast Tennessee, I think it is time to cancel the April business meeting. The Spring Roan Mountain Naturalist Rally has been canceled.
>>
>> I talked to Rick Knight about the Spring Count, which is scheduled for May 2. The parties are usually small groups of people with less than ten individuals. Rick thinks that we can organize the count and do compilation through email. So currently the Spring Count is still on, assuming we don't end up under a shelter in place order.
>>
>> So the next question is what to do about the banquet. It is scheduled for May 1. I am leaning toward cancelling it and trying to reschedule it later in the summer. What do y'all think?
>>
>> Hope everyone is healthy!
>>
>> Kim Stroud,
>> President of the Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter of TOS

Kim and fellow birders:

I agree that we can probably hold the spring bird count with little risk to ourselves, but I feel strongly that the Spring Banquet should be postponed until some later date to give us time to see where we are as a community with the COVID-19 virus.

Regards,

Fred Alsop