Cannot save config file in RAW 2.0.3

Nuntaporn Kamonsutthipaijit

Feb 19, 2021, 3:33:31 AM2/19/21
to BioXTAS RAW
Hello,

I am using RAW 2.0.3 on Window10. Before I used Raw 1.4.0 to do preprocessing data of 2D to 1D scattering data, everything went smoothly. Until I have changed to Raw 2.03, I would like to set the advance option>Image/header format I should MarCCD165 and header file format I should the one that can read my .mccd header which is BL19U2, SSRF.
Then I did normalization by added the operator (/) and expression (PD, Photodioade) Then clicked apply and saved the config files but it always shows the window that said "save failed!! Your settings failed to save please try again"
I tried many times and do not know how to fig this problem. Do you have any suggestions?
Capture.PNG

Down here is another problem that sometimes happened.
"An unexpected error has occurred, please report it to the developers. You may need to restart RAW to continue working.

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "site-packages\wx\core.py", line 3259, in <lambda>

  File "bioxtasraw\RAW.py", line 365, in _onStartup

  File "bioxtasraw\RAW.py", line 2294, in loadRAWSettings

TypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable bool object"

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Nuntaporn

Jesse Hopkins

Feb 19, 2021, 7:59:59 AM2/19/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nuntaporn,

Are you using the prebuilt version of RAW (installed from .msi), or is RAW installed from source? If RAW is installed from source, what version of python are you using?

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

On Feb 19, 2021, at 2:33 AM, Nuntaporn Kamonsutthipaijit <nunta...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Feb 21, 2021, 10:53:07 PM2/21/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesse,

I am using the prebuilt version of RAW (RAW-2.0.3-win64.msi). I also got python version 3.8 in my computer.

Cheers
Nun

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BioXTAS RAW" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bioxtas_raw/D705D24A-3B65-47E3-BD7C-B8AB02C36D88%40gmail.com.

--
Nuntaporn Kamonsutthipaijit

Synchrotron Light Research Institute (Public Organization)

111 University Av(within Suranaree University of Technology campus), Muang District,Nakorn Ratchasima 30000,Thailand.

Jesse Hopkins

Feb 22, 2021, 10:26:13 AM2/22/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nun,

Interesting. Can you send me the config file (in whatever the last successfully saved version was) so that I can test it?

Thanks.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

nunta...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2021, 2:39:58 AM2/23/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Here is the link to download the config file that I can use it for version 1.4.

Best
Nun

Sent from my iPhone

Jesse Hopkins

Feb 23, 2021, 3:34:00 PM2/23/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nun,

I was able to recreate the first error that you observe. It has to do with there being some non-ascii characters in your settings file. The new version of RAW doesn't handle that the same way, and it was resulting in the error you see. I've fixed that, so in the next version I release you shouldn't see the error. In the meantime, you can use the attached edited config file which doesn't have the problematic characters.

Just for reference, these characters were one line in the image header you had loaded, so if you load another image header in settings (that is, in the Advanced Options -> Image/Header Format panel using the 'Load Image' button) you may have the same issue. They show up on my computer as: %_25_µØÅÒ¤Á_2560.

If you'd prefer, you can grab the current development version of RAW from the git and install it from source, it has the bug fix I mentioned:

I can't reproduce the second error in the prebuilt version of RAW. It's a known bug when using python 3.8 and RAW 2.0.3, and again has been fixed for the next release. If you're seeing it frequently, you should try the development version I mentioned above.

I do plan to release the next version of RAW within the next month or so.

Let me know if you have more questions or problems. Also, let me know if the updated config file doesn't attach properly for some reason.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD
Beamline Scientist
BioCAT, Sector 18
Advanced Photon Source

test.cfg

nunta...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2021, 8:51:53 PM2/23/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Jesse. The second error occasionally happens. Usually I just restart the programme.
I am looking forward to your new version for the next month or so.

Best
Nun

Sent from my iPhone

Jesse Hopkins

Apr 20, 2021, 12:31:39 PM4/20/21
to bioxt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nun,

It took me longer than I expected, but I've just released a new version of RAW that fixes this bug.

All the best.

- Jesse

----
Jesse Hopkins, PhD