COMBINE registration open

Jake Beal

Mar 21, 2022, 6:37:08 AM3/21/22
to bioprotocols
Hi, folks:

The COMBINE standards meeting has just announced its finalized dates and opened its registration. It will be running April 26-30 in a hybrid format, both online and in person in the Washington DC area. Registration is at: https://combine-org.github.io/events/

We also need to submit breakout session plans and any lightning talks we want to give by March 28th (one week from today).

Thanks,
-Jake

jeremy...@metamerlabs.io

Mar 28, 2022, 7:38:52 AM3/28/22
to bioprotocols
Hi everyone. To recap HARMONY submission plans:

1. In total, we anticipate submission of 2 lightning talks and 2 breakout sessions.

Talk A: Intro to PAML.
Speaker A: Dan Bryce

Talk B: PAML Working Groups.
Speaker B: one of {Alexis, Homer, Jeremy, Tim}

Session A: Practical (hands-on workshop)
Session B: Planning (steering breakout)

2. Roles and requests for contribution.

Alexis, Homer, and I have outlined Talk B and Session A.
We also have a PRO zoom account with 500-seat capacity.
(The submission forms specify bring-your-own-conferencing.)

We can submit for Talk B and Session A.

We can nail down many finer details after today.
For today's deadline, we have these questions:

2.1 Dan - are you still anticipating submission of Talk A?
2.2 Jake - would you be willing to chair Session B?

Regards.
Jeremy Cahill

Jake Beal

Mar 28, 2022, 7:41:55 AM3/28/22
to jeremy...@metamerlabs.io, bioprotocols
Hi, Jeremy:

I'm willing to chair Session B if folks would like.

Let me also remind folks that unlike the HARMONY lightning talks are only 3 MINUTES each, i.e., one slide (this is different than the Fall COMBINE meeting, since COMBINE is more like a normal conference, while HARMONY is a hack-a-thon).
You, Alexis, and Homer may thus wish to split talk B into multiple submissions.

Thanks,
-Jake

Daniel Bryce

Mar 28, 2022, 10:13:20 AM3/28/22
to jeremy...@metamerlabs.io, bioprotocols
Yes, I am going to submit Talk A and the Session requests. Thanks!

Bryan Bartley

Mar 28, 2022, 11:53:44 AM3/28/22
to Daniel Bryce, jeremy...@metamerlabs.io, bioprotocols
Alexis and I are going to submit a lightning talk about protocol representation for the iGEM interlab working group.

Thanks
Bryan

jeremy...@metamerlabs.io

Mar 28, 2022, 12:08:48 PM3/28/22
to bioprotocols
Great.
So we have a Talk C (Alexis/Bryan, iGEM).
Dan is submitting Talk A and both Sessions.
Homer and I are still submitting Talk B (narrower scope).

Jeremy Cahill

Jake Beal

Mar 28, 2022, 12:12:10 PM3/28/22
to jeremy...@metamerlabs.io, bioprotocols
Is Robert Goldman also submitting on the container/equipment ontology?

Robert Goldman

Mar 28, 2022, 12:13:40 PM3/28/22
to Jake Beal, jeremy...@metamerlabs.io, bioprotocols

I can, but I am kind of out of the loop because of being on vacation when this came up. Would someone help me get spun up and figure out what is involved? Dan? Jake? Want to take this to a private discussion, and we can make a decision?

Robert P. Goldman
Research Fellow
Smart Information Flow Technologies (d/b/a SIFT, LLC)

319 N. First Ave., Suite 400
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Voice: (612) 326-3934
Email: rpgo...@SIFT.net

jeremy...@metamerlabs.io

Mar 28, 2022, 12:14:13 PM3/28/22
to bioprotocols
As of now, I don't know. I unfortunately missed his container ontology meet.
I can try to ping him (on slack?) now.