Retrieving results containing only the representative gene models

Venura Herath PhD

May 19, 2019, 6:57:53 PM5/19/19
to biomart-users
Hi,

I am wondering is there a way to obtain results for only the representative gene model.
As an example lets say I want to retrieve all genes codes for a protein that contains Interpro domain  IPR000007 in potato genome using biomart (@ensembel plants), What ever results I am getting contain all transcript IDs but I want only the representative model for each gene (1 transcript  per gene).
Is there a way to overcome the issue?
Thanks in advance.

Venura

Syed Haider

May 20, 2019, 4:26:53 AM5/20/19
to Venura Herath PhD, biomart-users
Hi Venura,

If you deselect "Transcript Stable ID" and select only gene level attributes e.g. Gene Stable ID, Gene start, Gene end; and then limit the results to "Unique results only" check box; you should get 1 entry per gene.

Best wishes,
Syed

Venura Herath

May 26, 2019, 7:48:34 PM5/26/19
to Syed Haider, biomart-users
Thanks a lot Syed.
--
Venura Herath PhD
Department of Agricultural Biology,

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it."
..Einstein