Should i build BioMart on Eclipse IDE?

Seong-ho Cho

May 27, 2019, 12:43:41 AM5/27/19
to biomart-users
I'm a system manager of Biocon, where is next-generation organization of i-Pharm, Republic of Korea.
old members are gone for founding their new company, and making their own business.

I'm trying to recover our BioMart system by executing

# ant

from a root folder of the BioMart source tree.
because I have met an error like below from one half years ago,

ERROR: Compilation error
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.classfmt.ClassFormatException
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.classfmt.ClassFileReader.<init>(ClassFileReader.java:298)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTJavaCompiler$1.findType(JDTJavaCompiler.java:367)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTJavaCompiler$1.findType(JDTJavaCompiler.java:339)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
        at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
        at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
ERROR: Error compiling file: /tmp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_9000_martapps____.rzagwk/jsp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/displayContainer_tag.java

I tried two or more times with change version to 1.7 from 1.6 in build.xml.
jdk compiler version is 1.7.0_141.
I didn't eliminate this situation, of course I have seen little-bit-thick(?) manual lastly published in May, 2014.
I found there is some hints about using Eclipse IDE.

so, my simple question is

"Should I build BioMart on Eclise IDE to make working app?"

I know this source tree is too old since It wrote and I believe there is some way to recover to work.
Thank you in advance.

Cho.