Cancellation of the NBDC/DBCLS BioHackathon 2021

片山俊明

Jun 10, 2021, 9:05:22 PM6/10/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com
Dear BioHackers,

We decided not to hold the BioHackathon again this year which is originally planned this August. Despite the Olympic games in Tokyo is under preparation, it is still difficult to welcome you to Japan for the BioHackathon as the vaccination process in Japan is delayed. We hope all the issues will be resolved soon and see you next year!

Sincerely,
Toshiaki Katayama on behalf of the NBDC/DBCLS BioHackathon organizers

Robert Hoehndorf

Jun 11, 2021, 4:08:23 AM6/11/21
to 片山俊明, biohac...@googlegroups.com

Dear Toshiaki and BioHackathon Team,

This is very sad news but certainly understandable given the current
situation world-wide. I certainly hope that we can all get together
again next year without having to worry about the virus. Please stay
safe!

With best wishes,
Rob.
signature.asc

Michel Dumontier

Jun 11, 2021, 4:10:47 AM6/11/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com, 片山俊明
Ditto! Stay well and hope to see you all next year !

m.

Michel Dumontier
Distinguished Professor of Data Science
Maastricht University

jerven Bolleman

Jun 11, 2021, 4:38:14 AM6/11/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Toshiaki and all the NDBC/DBCLS staff.

I completely understand and I hope to see you all again once it is safe
for everyone to meet. I think I can join everyone in hoping that
worldwide vaccination rates increase fast.

Otherwise I hope to see you virtually or in the physical at the Elixir
Biohackathon inspired by your great example.

Please stay safe and with my best regards,
Jerven

--

*Jerven Tjalling Bolleman*
Principal Software Developer

Andrea Splendiani

Jun 11, 2021, 5:08:18 AM6/11/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You took the right decision!
Things will get back to normal… at some point, looking back at the past 30 years of the BioHackathon… this will look like a glimpse ;)
(And you if you had already made T-shirts… they will be hot on the collectors market!)

Take care, and hope to see you all soon!

Andrea

Alexander Kanitz

Jun 11, 2021, 10:05:48 AM6/11/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com, 片山俊明
Thanks Toshi and really sorry to hear!

However, you can already sign me up for next year. Unless the world goes down, I will join for sure, come what may! ;-D

Cheers,
Alex

Karin Verspoor

Jun 13, 2021, 6:28:32 PM6/13/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com

We look forward to joining you again soon!

Karin

From: <biohac...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of 片山俊明 <kt...@dbcls.jp>
Reply to: "biohac...@googlegroups.com" <biohac...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Friday, 11 June 2021 at 11:05 am
To: "biohac...@googlegroups.com" <biohac...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [EXT] [biohackathon:2041] Cancellation of the NBDC/DBCLS BioHackathon 2021

External email: Please exercise caution

William Byrd

Jun 13, 2021, 7:29:58 PM6/13/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Toshiaki.

I'll miss BioHackathon a great deal.

I look forward to attending next year.

Cheers,

--Will

liene...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2021, 3:39:52 AM6/14/21
to BioHackathon
Dear Toshiaki and BioHackathers,

Of course it is sad to get the final confirmation but I think we all expected the cancellation. It is just not possible to have such events this year. But I think we are all eager to get back together in 2022 so I have high hopes we can make it happen!

Best regards,
Thomas

Deepak Unni

Jun 16, 2021, 7:24:06 AM6/16/21
to biohac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Toshiaki and the BioHackathon team,

It is completely understandable (and expected) that it would be difficult to organize in-person meetings this year.

I do look forward to hacking together with everyone next year :D

Best regards,

Deepak