Fwd: FW: Respected professor, I am facing a problem of getting very high values of parameters, I also ran the model several times with carrying sigma values. For less no of draws e. g 50 draws its okay, but as I ran for 500 draws I got this issues. Can ...

krishna bhattarai

Sep 22, 2021, 3:23:35 AM9/22/21
to Biogeme

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Krishna Bhattarai <kishubh...@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 2:46 PM
Subject: FW: Respected professor, I am facing a problem of getting very high values of parameters, I also ran the model several times with  changing sigma values  . For less no of draws e. g 50 draws its okay, but as I ran for 500 draws I got this issues. Can ...
To: krishna bhattarai <kishubh...@gmail.com>

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Krishna Bhattarai
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2021 1:12 PM
To: Bierlaire Michel
Subject: Respected professor, I am facing a problem of getting very high values of parameters, I also ran the model several times with carrying sigma values. For less no of draws e. g 50 draws its okay, but as I ran for 500 draws I got this issues. Can you ...

Image

Get Outlook for Android

Viet Tu Nguyen

Sep 27, 2021, 3:11:29 AM9/27/21
to Biogeme
Hi professor Bierlaire and everyone,

I have also facing to this problem. Could anyone please explain what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thank you so much!
Vào lúc 14:23:35 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 9, 2021, kishubh...@gmail.com đã viết:

Bierlaire Michel

Sep 27, 2021, 3:28:32 AM9/27/21
to viettu...@gmail.com, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme
- 50 draws is definitely not enough.
- You should start with a logit mode, and make sure that your variables are scaled properly. Biogeme can give you some hints for scaling.
- Once you have a logit model that makes sense, include random parameters.
- Use a high-performance computing facility. 4 threads are not enough.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Biogeme (3.8)

Get Outlook for Android

krishna bhattarai

Sep 27, 2021, 3:37:33 AM9/27/21
to viettu...@gmail.com, michel.b...@epfl.ch, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme