How to indicate some alternatives belong to one group

yufei xu

Sep 27, 2021, 10:49:34 AM9/27/21
to Biogeme
Dear Professor Bellaire,

I am currently working on a data file with 981 alternatives. I use the alternative sampling method, which means for each observation it will have 1 chosen alternative and 30 non-chosen alternatives. I would like to know if it is possible to indicate the model that these 30 non-chosen alternatives belong to this specific observation in Biogeme?

Thanks for your help!
Yufei

Bierlaire Michel

Sep 27, 2021, 10:53:31 AM9/27/21
to jerr...@gmail.com, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme
I don’t understand the question. Sampling of alternatives is a pre-processing. You need to generate your data file using the procedure that you describe. Note that the sampling of alternatives should be made for each observation.