initial value form file . iter

linlin zhang

Aug 28, 2022, 1:19:36 PM8/28/22
to Biogeme
Dear Michel,

When I run NL models, I received the following warning.

[11:24:42] < General >   *** Initial values of the parameters are obtained from the file __0827_NL_1.iter
[11:24:42] < Warning >   Cannot read file __0827_NL_1.iter. Statement is ignored.

What is the initial values of the papermeters for .iter? Is it necessary to have such an file with initial value? What can I do for this warning>

Best, Lin

Bierlaire Michel

Aug 28, 2022, 1:24:23 PM8/28/22
to linlin...@gmail.com, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme
It is just a warning.  Ignore it. As mentioned “Statement is ignored.”
At each iteration, Biogeme saves the current iterates in a file with the extension.
Therefore, if the iterations are interrupted for any reason, they will start at the saved point at the next run.
Of course, during the first run, this file does not exist.

linlin zhang

Sep 3, 2022, 12:55:44 PM9/3/22
to Biogeme

Many thanks!