My data sets aint running on biodiverse

Sehinde Akinbiola

Jan 5, 2021, 4:13:14 PM1/5/21
to Biodiverse Users
Please can you put me through on how to run my tree species datasets ? I ve tried loading it but it tells me " no matrix found"
Here are some of the data sets
Sehinde_example.xlsx

Shawn Laffan

Jan 5, 2021, 5:17:19 PM1/5/21
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com, Sehinde Akinbiola
Hello Sehinde,

Thanks for the report.

Could you please clarify what you are trying when you get this error message?

Also, which version of Biodiverse are you using?

Assuming it is an import issue, I just tried importing your data on my machine using version 3.1 and it worked without error.  One likely point of difference is that I did not specify that the data are in matrix form - they are in a standard list form.  (And thanks for providing sample data).

The help system needs a lot of work, but if you have not checked the quick start guide then it will be of general use:  https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/wiki/Downloads#quick-start-guide

Regards,
Shawn.

On 6/01/2021 8:13, Sehinde Akinbiola wrote:
Please can you put me through on how to run my tree species datasets ? I ve tried loading it but it tells me " no matrix found"
Here are some of the data sets

Shawn Laffan

Jan 6, 2021, 5:47:36 PM1/6/21
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com
Sehinde sent me some data off-list, and this was a problem of importing geographic coordinates using the default cell size.

This is a reasonably common occurrence, so I have opened issues to add clearer user feedback and warnings in version 4.

https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/issues/781
https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/issues/782

Regards,
Shawn.