Bioc-teaching meeting: Monday, August 17, 1pm CEST

lauren...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2020, 3:56:23 AM8/14/20
to bioconductor-teaching
Dear all,

Short reminder about next monday's meeting.

Here are the final points of last meeting's notes [1]:
  1. How can we measure success?

  2. How to certify new people to help us teach, and to grow the community?

  3. How can we leverage the current momentum to start building something tangible? Start a GitHub repository?

  4. How can we benefit from teaching material that we already have (developed for other courses)?

  5. Is there Interest in a train the trainers course?

Best wishes,

Laurent

lauren...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2020, 4:16:01 AM8/14/20
to bioconductor-teaching
We'll use the same jitsi room as last time: https://meet.jit.si/BioconductorTeaching

Charlotte Soneson

Aug 18, 2020, 8:34:30 AM8/18/20
to bioconductor-teaching
Hi everyone,

thanks for joining the Bioc teaching group call yesterday! In order to keep our approximately monthly meeting plan, could you please let us know about your availabilities for the next meeting in mid-September in the following doodle:

Thanks,
Charlotte

Charlotte Soneson

Aug 23, 2020, 4:25:32 AM8/23/20
to bioconductor-teaching
Hi again,

thanks for filling out the doodle. It seems that everyone who responded can make it on Monday, September 14, 2pm CEST, so I suggest we fix the next call for then. Looking forward to continuing the discussion!

Best,
Charlotte

Charlotte Soneson

Sep 12, 2020, 7:29:40 AM9/12/20
to bioconductor-teaching
Hi everyone,

just a quick reminder that we have our next Bioc teaching group call on Monday, September 14, 2pm CEST. You can find the link to the jitsi room in the email below.

Charlotte

Charlotte Soneson

Oct 12, 2020, 5:33:37 AM10/12/20
to bioconductor-teaching
Hi everyone,

just a quick reminder about the bioc-teaching call today at 2pm CEST. The main agenda point today is to formulate the learning objectives for the initial lessons, to simplify later addition and structuring of material. Toby will guide us through the process.
The jitsi link is the same as last time: https://meet.jit.si/BioconductorTeaching

See you there!
Charlotte & Laurent

Charlotte Soneson

Oct 22, 2020, 3:31:50 AM10/22/20
to bioconductor-teaching
Hi all,

just an early heads-up that since the December Bioc-teaching call overlaps with the opening of EuroBioc, we would like to move it one week earlier, that is, to December 7 (same time, 2pm CET). The November call will take place as planned on November 9. Hope this works for everyone.

Thanks,
Charlotte & Laurent