Multiple inquiries

BBZone

Aug 7, 2020, 8:03:30 PM8/7/20
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello again
 I've seen one of the bigbluebutton products
!!It has many modifications and I wanted to know in case someone could help to give me the information to implement it

The first point / Action Countdown has been added, a side section with many options is added, and an image will be attached to it, in addition to the timing on the other side

Action image

قائمة الاكشن.jpg

Image side menu to select Countdown settings

اعدادات التوقيت .jpg

Image of elapsed time

الوقت المنقضي بعد عمل الاعدادات .jpg

The second point, and in the same action option, has been added to the option to create a Breakout Rooms , with the image attached in the previous main location

The third point in the option will be completed. A sound has been added to the waiting room. Image attachment

Screenshot_2020-08-07 elos vc • O seu portal de videocolaboração (4).png

The last inquiry
How can I do customize to the following waiting page

Screenshot_2020-08-07 https bbb britishboardonline uk.png

I apologize for taking your time

I thank you for your response in advance

Fred Dixon

Aug 7, 2020, 10:34:08 PM8/7/20
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi there,

It's worth taking a moment to explain why you are seeing such improvements but they are not in the core BigBlueButton repository.

There are companies in the BigBlueButton community that have extended BigBlueButton to add value to their commercial hosting.  The LGPL 3 license allows for this option.  Google, for example, uses primarily open source software with many modifications.  As long as they don't distribute it outside their company, they are not obligated to disclose the modifications they make (I would argue that Google makes such large contributions to open source that everyone is pretty happy with their embracing open source).

Many of these companies in the BigBlueButton community already contribute back improvements to BigBlueButton.  The amount of their contribution is based on how many developers they employ, and the number of developers depends on the revenue they earn from hosting.

Each release of BigBlueButton is managed by a group of companies that have been working on the product for years.  In addition to their own contributions to the core, they review and test pull requests from the community to ensure the high quality of each release.  See

With each contribution from these companies and the community, BigBlueButton gets better for everyone.

So it's really good to see companies extend BigBlueButton and make revenue from it -- such extensions don't take anything away from the open source as, for many of these companies, the revenue they earn from hosting drives the growth of the open source project itself.

There's nothing stopping anyone from implementing similar features.  Another option, of course, is to engage the company with these features to host BigBlueButton for you.  Both choices are open to you, and it's the benefit of open source.

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Nguyen Quoc Tam

Aug 8, 2020, 3:29:30 AM8/8/20
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi BBZone!
Is your Broadcast Layout function self-developed or what number is the bbb version?

Vào 07:03 AM, T.7, 8 Th8, 2020 BBZone <britishbo...@gmail.com> đã viết:

Nguyen Quoc Tam

Aug 8, 2020, 3:30:11 AM8/8/20
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Ok
Vào 07:03 AM, T.7, 8 Th8, 2020 BBZone <britishbo...@gmail.com> đã viết:
Hello again

Fred Dixon

Aug 8, 2020, 9:38:40 AM8/8/20
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Nguyen,

The original poster didn't develop these enhancements; rather, he pointed out that they are available from companies that provide commercial hosting of BigBlueButton.

Regards,... Fred

Nguyen Quoc Tam

Aug 8, 2020, 11:28:27 AM8/8/20
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fred!
Hope BigBlueButton has this improvement in the near future!

Vào 08:38 PM, T.7, 8 Th8, 2020 Fred Dixon <ffd...@gmail.com> đã viết:

Matias Silva

Aug 8, 2020, 1:54:27 PM8/8/20
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To add to Fred's excellent explanation, you can develop any feature (and
later contribute back to the community!) by following the instructions
here: https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.2/dev.html. It's all
well-explained and the source code is freely available to modify (within
the limits of the license, of course) in the repository. Enjoy!

---
Thanks, Matias