BigBlueButton 2.5.0-rc.4 released!

Anton Georgiev

May 20, 2022, 5:07:06 PM5/20/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
We are pleased to announce BigBlueButton 2.5.0-rc.4!

This minor iteration of BigBlueButton 2.5 release candidate includes several stability and usability fixes.

We'd like to encourage community members to try out this release and provide their feedback on BigBlueButton-dev forum both positive or negative. All bug reports are welcome!

Link to installation command / instructions/ schedule / new features : https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.5/new.html

Thanks to the community members who provided feedback to the earlier 2.5 releases!

The full release notes can be found on  https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/releases/tag/v2.5.0-rc.4

To try out 2.5.0-rc.4, visit
https://test25.bigbluebutton.org/

If you want to report any potential security issues with BigBlueButton, please e-mail us at secu...@bigbluebutton.org

As always, we welcome feedback on this latest update.
Anton

Ali Alhaidary

May 20, 2022, 6:16:06 PM5/20/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Great work, thank you. Smooth installation as usual...

Ali

Fred Dixon

May 21, 2022, 7:41:02 AM5/21/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
> Smooth installation as usual...

Thanks for the feedback Ali.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

Reimar Bauer

Jun 6, 2022, 6:04:03 AM6/6/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I've problems with executing https://ubuntu.bigbluebutton.org/bbb-install-2.5.sh on a freshly installed ubuntu server. I did not have a desktop iso, may this be the problem?

bbb-install: This script can only install BigBlueButton 2.5 (or later) and is meant to be run on Ubuntu 20.04 (focal) server.

lsb_release
LSB Version: core-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:printing-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:security-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch

lsb_release -r
Release: 20.04

sb_release -a
LSB Version: core-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:printing-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch:security-11.1.0ubuntu2-noarch
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

lsb_release -c
Codename: focal

$1 in check_ version is empty for me.

What are the right values?
https://$PACKAGE_REPOSITORY/$1/dists/bigbluebutton-$DISTRO/Release.gpg"

regards
Reimar

Fred Dixon

Jun 6, 2022, 6:38:28 AM6/6/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Reimar,

> I've problems with executing https://ubuntu.bigbluebutton.org/bbb-install-2.5.sh on a freshly installed ubuntu server.

Can you post an output of the error messages you encountered.

Regards,.. Fred

Reimar Bauer

Jun 6, 2022, 6:52:50 AM6/6/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred

there is no error message only

bbb-install: This script can only install BigBlueButton 2.5 (or later) and is meant to be run on Ubuntu 20.04 (focal) server.

I currently do a second ubuntu 2004 server setup

I then added an echo to the check script and it returns an empty string.

Reimar

Fred Dixon

Jun 6, 2022, 6:57:49 AM6/6/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Reimar,

If you download the script, set it to be executable, and then modify the first line to read

#!/bin/bash -ex

then you'll see each line being executed, and the last line that returned a non-zero value.

Regards,... Fred

Reimar Bauer

Jun 6, 2022, 7:05:42 AM6/6/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

The second server installation is running the script as expected now.

Next time I run in this I try that option.

(Unfortunately I purged the old image by the second one)

Reimar

Fred Dixon

Jun 6, 2022, 7:15:40 AM6/6/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
> The second server installation is running the script as expected now.

Yay!

Regards,... Fred

Reimar Bauer

Jun 6, 2022, 9:14:52 AM6/6/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I played a little with it looks *very good* so far. Need more user feedback which I likely get in the next few days.

Reimar