Getting Audio error - errorCode=1004, cause=ICE error in Edge brower

jovin

Aug 19, 2022, 5:18:23 AM8/19/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Team,

Few of our users(Not All) are facing an error(ICE 1004) while trying to connect to microphone using Edge browser. It works perfectly for all in Gogle chrome.

Below are the details:
BBB version :2.4.9 running on Ubuntu(18.04) machine

We tried few solutions what has been provided in this group threads, but it does not work out for our case. Can you please advise on this issue ?

Best Regards,
Jovin.K

Fred Dixon

Aug 19, 2022, 7:38:15 AM8/19/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jovin,

Hmm ... can you have the students try

and let us know if they still encounter the 1004 error there with Edge but not Chrome.  This server has a TURN server setup to help clients behind restricted firewalls.

If they are using Edge and Chrome on the same computer, then if one connects to audio the other should be able to as well (they are both based on the Chromium engine).

Let us know the answer to the above and we'll dig deeper.

Regards,.. Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

Like BigBlueButton?  Tweet us at @bigbluebutton

jovin

Aug 19, 2022, 10:06:41 AM8/19/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred,

We tried at https://test.bigbluebutton.org/ in both Edge and Chrome, We are able to join audio without any issues in both browsers.

We are using both Edge and chrome on the same machine which is windows10

Best Regards,
Jovin.K

jovin

Aug 22, 2022, 11:53:01 PM8/22/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred,

Can you suggest on this?

Best Regards,
Jovin.K

Jean Pluzo

Aug 23, 2022, 3:58:37 AM8/23/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Jovin,

like Fred said: "This server has a TURN server setup to help clients behind restricted firewalls."
This means some of your users might be behind a (very) restrictive firewall.
In this case you should setup a stun/turn server and connect it to your BBB server. This way your users will be able to bypass the restrictive firewall.

Regards,

J.

Aloiso Gomes

Aug 23, 2022, 6:53:57 AM8/23/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jovin,
Check out also Edge Protection Policies,
If Works into Chrome and Edge have issues and both are almost twin,
i guess policies (Security levels into settings) should the point.

Check it out

--
Abraço,
Aloiso Gomes - Desenvolvedor

jovin

Aug 24, 2022, 2:12:17 AM8/24/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

Thanks for the inputs. Will check the Edge browser policies before we try to setup TURN server..

Will keep you posted on the update here after checking the policies of Edge browser

Best Regards,
Jovin.K

Hiroshi Suga

Aug 24, 2022, 7:59:12 AM8/24/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Having a TURN server or not does not seem to be a problem to me, provided that there is no difference in how to deal with the TURN server between two browsers.

Ask your users to remove the cache in the Edge browser.

Kernel Subbiah

Sep 5, 2022, 8:37:14 AM9/5/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Clear the browser cache completely and try again.