BigBlueButton 2.4.7 released!

Anton Georgiev

May 4, 2022, 8:16:27 PM5/4/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
We are pleased to announce BigBlueButton 2.4.7!

This 2.4 release contains a security fix, updates to quite a few npm dependencies, and also multiple improvements to external video, webcams, layouts and presentation.

Thanks to the community members who provided feedback to the earlier 2.4 releases!

We would like to thank Giang. Võ Quý from VNG Corporation for responsibly disclosing and assisting with the fixing a security issue.

The full release notes for 2.4.7 are here
https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/releases/tag/v2.4.7

To try out 2.4.7, visit
https://test24.bigbluebutton.org/

Or, better yet, grab a Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit server and install the latest version yourself (it will take only a few minutes):
https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/2.4/new.html

If you want to report any potential security issues with BigBlueButton, please e-mail us at secu...@bigbluebutton.org

As always, we welcome feedback on this latest update.
Anton

Ali Alhaidary

May 5, 2022, 2:49:12 PM5/5/22
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, great work...

Ali

Anton Georgiev

May 5, 2022, 4:42:39 PM5/5/22
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi all,

We added some clarifications to the release notes for both BigBlueButton 2.4.7 and 2.3.19 that are worth echo-ing here:

This 2.4 release fixes an (important) security issue - the security rating for the CVE is 7.5/10. All issues fixed in this release are subject to public disclosure on June 1, 2022. Please make sure to update your systems in time.
We would like to thank Giang. Võ Quý from VNG Corporation for responsibly disclosing and assisting with the fixing this security issue.

There are also updates to quite a few npm dependencies, and also multiple improvements to external video, webcams, layouts and presentation.

-Anton