ISMRM rawdata vs (B|M)IDS rawdata

Henk-Jan Mutsaerts (Henk)

Jul 4, 2022, 7:48:31 AM7/4/22
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Nice ISMRM paper about a standard for MRI k-space (before reconstruction) data.
Is there a potential nomenclature issue that they refer to as this standard as the “ISMRM raw data format”?
Especially for MIDS?

BTW: I have good news about ASL-BIDS: Nature-Scientific Data accepted our paper! Will update you soon

Cheers, Henk

Henk(-Jan) MM Mutsaerts, MD PhD
Amsterdam UMC/UZ Ghent/UCL
Phone: +31 6 4390 8284

dan.handwerker

Jul 4, 2022, 8:44:20 AM7/4/22
to bids-discussion
ISMRM raw data format is a multi-year effort that with the blessing of ISMRM and already interfaces with substantial reconstruction tools, such as https://gadgetron.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
I don't know anything about MIDS, but if MIDS is supposed to deal with raw k-space data, the designers of MIDS really should be in directly communication with the ISMRM raw data group to make sure they are actually adding value.

Dan

Henk-Jan Mutsaerts

Jul 7, 2022, 8:09:37 AM7/7/22
to bids-di...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dan,

Of course I agree with you, my point was just that the nomenclature “raw data” is used by two widely used standards in a very different way; and if we should somehow deal with this.

Henk

Henk(-Jan) MM Mutsaerts, MD PhD
Amsterdam UMC/UZ Ghent/UCL
Phone: +31 6 4390 8284
--
We are all colleagues working together to shape brain imaging for tomorrow, please be respectful, gracious, and patient with your fellow group members.