Where does Bibledit Desktop store .sfm files?

Eric Chapman

Apr 14, 2022, 8:19:13 AM4/14/22
to Teus Benschop
Hi,

Where does the desktop version of Bibledit store the .sfm files, e.g.,
"MAT.sfm"? I have done a send/receive, so I think that what is stored on
my computer matches what's on the cloud. However, I want to know where
the .sfm files are so I can access them with PTXprint.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Chapman

Apr 14, 2022, 8:26:30 AM4/14/22
to Teus Benschop
I think I discovered something. Apparently Bibledit does not use .sfm
files. I found the data here:
/Users/ec4/Library/Containers/org.bibledit.osx/Data/Documents/webroot/bibles

So I guess I need to export to USFM from either the cloud version or the
desktop version of Bibledit and then just save those files for PTXprint
to access…

Is that correct?

Teus Benschop

Apr 14, 2022, 11:47:04 AM4/14/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Yes, exporting them will do it in your case.

Teus.

Oreo Warpok

Apr 14, 2022, 1:44:45 PM4/14/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Bibledit has Openoffice exports that I think are way better than PTXprint. (Tools > Export) If you are using Bibledit, it is quick and easy to export and print whole Bibles or just separate books, including easily making PDF files.

Phil

===============
Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.

Eric Chapman

Apr 14, 2022, 2:07:49 PM4/14/22
to Teus Benschop

Phil,

I've been using the Bibledit export function trying to get to something of a draft I'm willing to share, but since Bibledit, USFM and OpenOffice are all new to me, I've been facing a steep learning curve. (I usually work in Nisus Writer Pro on Mac, and am used to its styles, etc.).

I tried saving the OO file as .rtf, and it worked after a manner of speaking. Some tweaking needed, but I'm not sure how much. If I could learn to do it all in OpenOffice, that'd be better, since then there is a free option to teach to others…

Anyway, thanks for your vote in favor of Bibledit's export rather than PTXprint's. I just assumed PTXprint's was more robust. One thing I like about what I saw on the internet about PTXprint's output is the polyglots (apparently still not accessible via the UI). That's something I've dreamed of doing for years. I'll keep pursuing these things until I can get comfortable with a process that is acceptable, Lord willing.

Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming!