About membership and Bibledit Cloud connection

Joshua M McGinley

Jan 19, 2022, 1:52:10 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
If this reaches the some-1 that can help me, how do you create a username and password for the Bibledit Cloud connection.

Thanks,

Joshua

444

Oreo Warpok

Jan 19, 2022, 2:47:40 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua,

Depending on where you are and what you are doing, I may be able to help. I am assuming you do not have a hosting service for Bibledit. And I am unsure what is available from Bibledit.org for you. It could be that I can host you for Bibledit cloud via our host in Indonesia. What exactly are you wanting to do?

I am assuming that my email address will be visible to you. So you can contact me directly.

Phil

===============
Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.

Joshua McGinley

Jan 19, 2022, 3:02:56 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Phil,

If you’ve seen the movie Pi that pretty much the idea. Using pre-existing forms of Numerology from history and creating a program or tool that would be able to calculate the values for any word in Bibledit. We could then extend functionality and calculate phrases and verses, entire paragraphs etc. (calculate values for the various Books (Genesis, Exodus… James, Revelation) or even the whole Bible. It would be a novel, important, and useful tool. I know the basics and I am willing to do the work. The idea is akin to Eliyahu Rips work with Torah codes (also known as The Bible Code). I think we should begin with English Gematria. If your up for the challenge let me know.

Joshua
444

Oreo Warpok

Jan 19, 2022, 5:54:00 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua,

In that case, I don't think that Bibledit would be a useful tool for you. It is not designed to do what you want. You would probably get farther with some kind of database and the raw Bible text. Users of Bibledit would be more interested in harnessing artificial intelligence to help in translating into other languages.

Phil

===============
Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.
===============

Joshua McGinley

Jan 19, 2022, 6:10:02 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Phil;(

I think I will continue on my own. I think that this work could eventually be quite helpful with translating and other AI related tasks involving language. It is knowledge of the Bibledit program I lack. I am still hoping to find interested people. Thanks though. Spread the word if you would.

Joshua
444

Vagner Rener

Jan 19, 2022, 6:49:51 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Hum...
I do not think this program is intended to go into Numerology and all that Jewish Kabbalah mysticism... This is an application to help Bible Translators to translate the Bible
into peoples languages, specially those people who do not have the Holy Book translated into their native languages...
Apart from that, most Christians do not believe that the Bible has got hidden secrets, as many fictional movies and books have painted the Bible.
God's Word, as we believe, is not a secret book, having a secret message for men to all ages past, present and future. In the first and second centuries A.D. there were groups of people who
saw the books of the Bible they had in this way. They were called Gnostics and believed that to be saved by God one should have to get a special knowledge (a secret one) and because of this
they had to be initiated, and then they considered themselves as special people who had a special knowledge given by “God”. This was one of the big heresies back in the day that was dealt with
in the early days of Christianity.
This kind of thinking has been spread by Hollywood movies and through fictional books like "The Da Vinci Code" and have deceived many people in our post-modern World... But now it has been posed as
a “new” thing...
Salomon said in Proverbs: "There is nothing new under the sun..."
Also, God's Word is very clear that it is not a Book of secrets and hidden messages, but the Holy Book conveys a clear, crystal and transparent message that God's aim is to save all men who come to
God through Jesus Christ - His Only begotten son and the sacrifice He offered to us on the Cross through His sacrificial death and resurrection.
In fact, the Bible states that there are hidden things (knowledge) that God did not want to show men, and we shouldn't bother to spend our energies on those. Because He has already declared that such knowledge is not
intended for men – perhaps it will in the coming life... Who knows?
Finally, the Bible is known as the written Revelation of God to mankind and Jesus Christ is the Special Revelation...
Nature or Creation is the Natural Revelation (Psalm 19; Rom 1)

Deuteronomy 29:29: The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. (KJVA)

Deuteronomy 29:29: The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.   (ESV2011)

Isaiah 35:8:  And a highway shall be there,
and it shall be called the Way of Holiness;
the unclean shall not pass over it.
It shall belong to those who walk on the way;
even if they are fools, they shall not go astray. (ESV2011)

Isaiah 35:8: And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness
the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein. (KJVA)

Joshua McGinley

Jan 19, 2022, 8:48:08 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Vagner,

I am not going into details theologically here, or trying to convince you of anything. I would love to discuss my thoughts and my beliefs with you. My work here is not meant to be theology. It is meant to help translate the Bible. I wish to do similar things as Noam Chomsky, John Nash and Eliyahu Rips. I am not trying to do much more. I could certainly say a few things about Gnosticism and non-canonical texts like the Gospel of Judas or the Gospel of Mary, or the Book of Enoch 1 & 2. There is no reason for me to try to convert you. I want to create a program. I think that the idea is novel and that it would eventually help with complex syntax and grammar concerning translation and language systems. The Bible being so vastly translated and printed would be an ideal text for this. This is not mysticism. It is mathematics (Programming, Algorithms, Machine Learning, and AI; Data Science, Information Theory). I want to use the Bible as data for this process. The program could then be used with any language system (natural or not). If you wish to debate Biblical interpretation with me, ok, that is fine. I welcome the conversation and the chance to hear your thoughts. I will certainly listen to you and honestly think about what you say. Perhaps I misspoke initially. This work is an attempt at using math to help understand Natural Languages like: English. If someone wants to go further that is fine with me. People like Eliyahu Rips have been published and peer-reviewed.

Joshua
444

Vagner Rener

Jan 19, 2022, 9:32:33 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough. I am not trying to convert you. This is the work, according to the Bible and Historical and Christianity the work of the Holy Spirit...
My part is only to be transparent about what I think, and millions of Christians alike...
If it is a project to work with languages, and you've chosen the Bible for this and not other Books, I think you've spotted on. Because it is the most read, hated and loved Book of all times...
I certainly will not go into Theological discussion here, since you already has explained your view on what and why you want to explore the Bible.
And I am already satisfied, since you told me you will think about what I have written.
As for me, I will also think about your Language project.
I hope you the best in your journey...
And do not get me wrong for being too direct and transparent on what I think.

Joshua McGinley

Jan 19, 2022, 9:44:07 PM1/19/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your time and words Vagner,

I will continue with this work and continue to post my findings. It may take me some time though. If anyone else has interest let me know.

Joshua
444

Vagner Rener

Jan 20, 2022, 7:04:12 AM1/20/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
I recommend you to have a look in the https://www.crosswire.org/ project. They have lots of free bible-modules there and also free apps that can be installed in Linux.
Have a look also in github. If I can recall, I think I saw a project, some time ago, related to data-science and the Bible...

Joshua McGinley

Jan 26, 2022, 11:16:08 PM1/26/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Vagner,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I didn't notice your reply. I'll look into your suggestions. It's going to take me some time. I have a lot of irons in the fire. But I am serious about Numerology (Gematria) if anyone has doubts please do the research. There is a reason Hebrew is written the way it is. And there is a reason that the Pentateuch begins with the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet. No worries though... I'll be posting more in the future.

See you in the Matrix

Joshua
444

Vagner Rener

Jan 27, 2022, 7:27:07 AM1/27/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Ok.
I have found and contacted the author of this app.
Which is simple, but very interesting...
For people who like Bible Translation.
It was written using Lazarus free Pascal

Manuscript4u

And the app has now a little Gematria that
can serve your purpose and perhaps
be a starting point on how to write your app,
using Lazarus as well and perusing and
talking with the Manuscript4u author.

New features of version 2.4:
1-Typing in Greek and Hebrew letters.
2-A little Gematria.

All the best...

Joshua McGinley

Jan 27, 2022, 12:20:11 PM1/27/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Vagner,

May The Lord bless you a thousand times.

Joshua
444

Vagner Rener

Jan 27, 2022, 6:18:03 PM1/27/22
to bibledit...@googlegroups.com
Thx! I do want the Lord's blessings!
Hope you the same :)

Joshua McGinley

Feb 10, 2022, 4:24:58 AM2/10/22
to Bibledit-General
I did want to point out that numerology was a part of ancient judaism, it was one of the ways scribes studied the scriptures. I don't think that it started out as a form of mysticism rather a way of teaching and memorizing Hebrew letters and their order. Only after the formalization and then application of the system was it latter "mysticized".