Pi.BerkeleyLug: First meeting of 2022 this Sunday the 16th

1 view

tom r lopes

Jan 14, 2022, 1:09:35 AM1/14/22
to BerkeleyLUG
Same as always:
Sunday January 16 2022 from 11 am till about 2pm PDT.

In person at Blue Door Cafe 2244 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
Right across from the Cal track and the Rec facility.

Online Jitsi meeting hosted by the jit.si servers
Connect straight from your web browser or for audio only by phone
Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 3314 0912 09#

Possible topics:
- Matter and Thread.  I don't quite get what these are about.  Something
about the "smart home" and IOT.  Interesting because people run "home assistant" on the Pi
and you can have sensors running on ESP32

- LoRaWan:  Been thinking of trying this out.  It is like wifi but designed for low bandwidth communication.  So designed for low power and long range.  The kind of thing you would want for a remote sensor that sends occasional messages.

- Pi server:  I still need to get a server install up on a Pi.  So this will be my main focus unless I get distracted by the above.

All are welcome and all ideas welcome.

Thomas

tom r lopes

Jan 19, 2022, 4:25:15 AM1/19/22
to BerkeleyLUG
Forwarding this to the list.

The BerkeleyLUG mailing list is changed so that if you reply to a post it goes to that person.  Not to the list.

I believe that Juan wanted to send this out to the whole list.

So if you are a Gmail user and you want to reply on list then you need to select "Reply to all "  from the 3 dots menu or  "Reply all" from the bottom.