Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Next meeting this Sunday 08.16.20

tom r lopes

Aug 14, 2020, 1:12:46 AM8/14/20
to berke...@googlegroups.com
https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG

Sunday Aug 16 2020 from 11am to ?

Note the URL.  Regular BerkeleyLUG meetings use the room BerkeleyLUG and the Pi meetings are at Pi.BerkeleyLUG.
Rooms on meet.jit.si are not case sensitive so

meet.jit.si/pi.berkeleylug is the same (the . between pi and berkeley needs to be there)

So I got an email recently about the ESP32-cam.  So this Sunday I'll start with that.
The ESP32 is a wifi/bluetooth chip which is powerful enough to be a microcontroller
and so you can program it with the Arduino IDE.
The ESP32-cam is one of these boards with extra ram and camera port.  Board is tiny
1in by 1.5in.
I just got a 5 pack of them and we'll see if I can get one going .

Also I got some STM32 microcontrollers.  These are actually ARM but can run Arduino.
The reason I'm interested is they have a lot of inputs.  I want to have one run a keyboard.
A keyboard matrix is like 8x16 so that means 24 input/output pins.
So If I have some time I'll start on that.

Thomas

goossbears

Aug 14, 2020, 10:32:11 AM8/14/20
to BerkeleyLUG
On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 10:12:46 PM UTC-7, trl wrote:
https://meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG

Sunday Aug 16 2020 from 11am to ?

It's only at the rumor-level now -- and will of course likely
be different depending upon where Pi.BerkeleyLUG
participants are connecting from -- but there has been a
small bit of side talk (at least on _my_ block) that there
might be Power Brownouts starting today and happening
potentially anytime throughout the weekend, all due to the
heat wave affecting the East Bay.
As far as viewing and/or getting notified about power
shutoffs online before they happen (and after they've
_already_ happened :-\), PG&E has its Outage Center
webpage at https://m.pge.com/#outages

-A

tom r lopes

Aug 16, 2020, 2:03:06 PM8/16/20
to berke...@googlegroups.com
We are now live.

I'll try to hold up but got little sleep last night.

Thomas