BerkeleyLUG Meetup this Sunday 2021-10-24

goossbears

Oct 21, 2021, 1:33:59 PM10/21/21
to BerkeleyLUG
Hi all,
Timely reminder here of the second Berkeley Linux User Group meetup of the month as has [mostly] been listed previously at https://berkeleylug.com/  -- but please see below **Note** on current change of venue.
The virtual and in-person physical meetups start at 11:00am PDT this Sunday, October 24thh, and go to 2:00pm or however late people want to participate.
This BerkeleyLUG meetup is the last one of the calendar year held at Pacific Daylight-saving Time; a week prior to the 1st meetup of November, we of course set our clocks back 1 hour for the beginning of Pacific _Standard_ Time.

Info of virtual meetup thru Jit.si Meet ...
https://meet.jit.si/BerkeleyLUG
Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 1036 1972 20#

**Note**: In-person will now be at our pre-Pandemic location of Cafe Blue Door as per https://berkeleylug.com/2019/06/04/new-location-cafe-blue-door/ ;
2244 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Cafe Blue Door is across from Cal's Edwards Stadium close to the Southwest corner of the main campus (see the cafe's OpenStreetMap.org location page at https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/517593873 ).
Writeup on Yelp is at https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-blue-door-berkeley
Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyFloorCafe

Whether virtually or in-person, hope to hear (and/or see) you at the meetup!
-Aaron

Rick Moen

Oct 21, 2021, 8:37:18 PM10/21/21
to BerkeleyLUG
Quoting goossbears (acoh...@gmail.com):

> This BerkeleyLUG meetup is the last one of the calendar year held at
> Pacific Daylight-saving Time; a week prior to the 1st meetup of November,
> we of course set our clocks back 1 hour for the beginning of Pacific
> _Standard_ Time.

That will happen at 2:00am on Sunday, Nov. 7, 2021. Specifically, it
will happen only at the _first_ instance of 2:00am, Sunday, Nov. 7,
2021. Doing it iteratively is contraindicated. ;->

Michael Paoli

Oct 23, 2021, 10:58:23 PM10/23/21
to BerkeleyLUG
references/excerpts - additional bits in-line:
> From: goossbears <acoh...@gmail.com>
> Subject: BerkeleyLUG this Sunday 2021-10-24
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 10:33:59 -0700 (PDT)

> Timely reminder here of the second Berkeley Linux User Group meet of the
> month as has [mostly] been listed previously at https://berkeleylug.com/
> -- but please see below **Note** on current change of venue.
> The virtual and in-person physical meet start at 11:00am PDT this
> Sunday, October 24thh, and go to 2:00pm or however late people want to
> participate.
> This BerkeleyLUG meet is the last one of the calendar year held at
> Pacific Daylight-saving Time; a week prior to the 1st meet of November,

Uhm, If you're talkin' BerkeleyLUG.com ... not week prior, nor two, but
three weeks between:
$ cal; cal 11 2021
October 2021
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
November 2021
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
$
https://berkeleylug.com/meetings/
2021-10-24 2021-11-14

> we of course set our clocks back 1 hour for the beginning of Pacific
> _Standard_ Time.
>
> Info of virtual meet thru Jit.si Meet ...
> https://meet.jit.si/BerkeleyLUG
> Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 1036 1972 20#
>
> **Note**: In-person will now be at our pre-Pandemic location of Cafe Blue
> Door as per https://berkeleylug.com/2019/06/04/new-location-cafe-blue-door/

Yes ... except it seems their phone number has changed.
https://berkeleylug.com/meetings/

> 2244 Bancroft Way
> Berkeley, CA 94704
> Cafe Blue Door is across from Cal's Edwards Stadium close to the Southwest
> corner of the main campus (see the cafe's OpenStreetMap.org location page
> at https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/517593873 ).
> Writeup on Yelp is at https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-blue-door-berkeley
> Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyFloorCafe
>

> Whether virtually or in-person, hope to hear (and/or see) you at the

And ... maybe best to call it meeting, not some other term that might
confuse some folks with some commercial site where BerkeleyLUG has no
presence, most LUGs and the like have no presence, and many LUGs, and
groups, etc. go to die and/or spread confusion when they no longer fork
over much larger amounts of funding just to be able to maintain or update
stuff on that certain commercial site.

tom r lopes

Oct 24, 2021, 6:33:40 AM10/24/21
to BerkeleyLUG
I think he meant "the end of Daylight Savings" is one week prior to "the first meeting of November"
The first Sunday and the second Sunday.

Anyways I will brave the rain and will be there at Blue Door Cafe.  And I will have an extension cord!

Thomas

Michael Paoli

Oct 24, 2021, 1:24:06 PM10/24/21
to BerkeleyLUG
Yep ... warm and dry inside - here already - and no crowd!
Lots of space!