New visualization tool for Google benchmark

gaujay

Dec 1, 2019, 11:16:46 AM12/1/19
to benchmark-discuss
Hello everyone,

I developed a new tool to help visualize benchmark results as 2D and 3D charts.
Built upon Qt5 Charts and DataVisualization modules, it is freely available under GPLv3:

Features
  • Parse Google benchmark results as json files
  • Support old naming format and aggregate data (min, median, mean)
  • Multiple 2D and 3D chart types
  • Benchmarks and axes selection
  • Plotting options (theme, ranges, logarithm, ...)
  • Command line direct plotting

I was looking for some feedback before moving forward, as I plan to add some benchmarking automation features in the future.
As a standard C++11 CMake project with only Qt5 as dependency, you should be able to build and run it on Windows, Linux and Mac (only tested on the former so far).

Thanks.

00.png

01.png

04.png

Dominic Hamon

Dec 2, 2019, 6:01:26 AM12/2/19
to gaujay, benchmark-discuss
Hi

This is looking great. It works under linux too, btw, with a couple of qt5-dev libraries installed. I wanted to do something like this with HTML but using qt5 for plotting is a fab way of getting a cross platform solution.

gaujay

Dec 2, 2019, 2:12:26 PM12/2/19
to benchmark-discuss
Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your feedback.
Happy to know it works well for you and on Linux too.
I hope it will help the Google community play around with benchmark results more easily.
If you have feature or bug requests in the future, please let me know.