beancount.prices.sources.yahoo and beancount.prices.sources.google both failing this week

matthew...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2018, 7:10:23 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
2018-09-16 commodity AAPL
  price
: "USD:google/NASDAQ:AAPL,yahoo/AAPL"

ERROR
: Could not fetch for job: DatedPrice(base='APPL', quote='USD', date=None, sources=[PriceSource(module=<module 'beancount.prices.sources.google' from '/nix/store/2zqliikznds9c8zrwzk1cpzal8d0j06y-beancount-2.0rc1/lib/python3.6/site-packages/beancount/prices/sources/google.py'>, symbol='NASDAQ:APPL', invert=False), PriceSource(module=<module 'beancount.prices.sources.yahoo' from '/nix/store/2zqliikznds9c8zrwzk1cpzal8d0j06y-beancount-2.0rc1/lib/python3.6/site-packages/beancount/prices/sources/yahoo.py'>, symbol='APPL', invert=False)])

Google hasn't been working for a while. Yahoo just started failing this week. Are there any working price sources for `bean-price` now?

Martin Blais

Oct 4, 2018, 7:13:52 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
You need to update my friend, the google price source has been deleted a long time ago...

matthew...@symbiont.io

Oct 4, 2018, 7:16:34 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
I'm on '2.1.2' right now. I've been using https://aumayr.github.io/beancount-docs-static/contents.html for docs.

matthew...@symbiont.io

Oct 4, 2018, 7:17:21 PM10/4/18
to Beancount

matthew...@symbiont.io

Oct 4, 2018, 7:24:22 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
I can't seem to compose a valid source query.

matthew...@symbiont.io

Oct 4, 2018, 7:27:13 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
I'd expect something like `bean-price -e "oanda/AAPL"` to work but it throws `Invalid source "oanda/AAPL"`. Hmmm.

matthew...@symbiont.io

Oct 4, 2018, 7:31:40 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
Oh, OANDA is only for currency comparisons? In any case I get "no module named" errors for quandl and iex.

Martin Blais

Oct 4, 2018, 7:36:19 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
Yes, OANDA supports only currencies, it's a FOREX platform.

About "no module named" I have no idea, need more detail.
In general, each of these sources supports only a subset of instruments and you should be familiar with how they are indexed and specified on each source (e.g. query them using the particular source's website if possible.)
It may be useful to eventually allow them to provide a list of available instruments, but that may not be practical.

Martin Blais

Oct 4, 2018, 7:37:31 PM10/4/18
to Martin Blais, Beancount
bergamot [hg|new_ingest_mixins]:~/p/.../beancount/prices$ bean-price -e USD:quandl/WIKI:AAPL
2018-03-26 price WIKI:AAPL                          168.34 USD

matthew...@symbiont.io

Oct 4, 2018, 8:46:04 PM10/4/18
to Beancount
Thank you so much! Turns out I was being confused by conflicting Python environments on my machine. Classic.