Unsubscribe the mailing list from issues?

Kamal Marhubi

Mar 10, 2018, 10:05:33 PM3/10/18
to bean...@googlegroups.com
I get a lot of value out of seeing conversations on the mailing list, but much less out of issue tracker updates. Could the list be unsubscribed, and anyone interested can just subscribe to the project on bit bucket directly. Thoughts?

-Kamal

Oon-Ee Ng

Mar 13, 2018, 10:15:45 PM3/13/18
to bean...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM, Kamal Marhubi <ka...@marhubi.com> wrote:
I get a lot of value out of seeing conversations on the mailing list, but much less out of issue tracker updates. Could the list be unsubscribed, and anyone interested can just subscribe to the project on bit bucket directly. Thoughts?

I think if the issues are a big problem, you could just filter them out yourself as their title and metadata is entirely predictable. Such responsibility should be on the subscriber rather than on the project.

Kamal Marhubi

Mar 14, 2018, 11:19:42 AM3/14/18
to bean...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 13, 2018, 22:15 Oon-Ee Ng <ngoone...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think if the issues are a big problem, you could just filter them out yourself as their title and metadata is entirely predictable. Such responsibility should be on the subscriber rather than on the project.

I know I can filter them out. But given how little  value they give me, I assumed that there would be other people who felt the same. The effort of filtering is on par with the effort of subscribing, and I assume there are more users than developers on this list, so it seems a reasonable request.

I don't know of any other projects where the discussion list gets CCed on every issue update, for what that's worth.

Michael Droogleever

Mar 14, 2018, 4:45:32 PM3/14/18
to Beancount
The issue I have is that the issue replies on bitbucket don't appear here, and vice-versa, so it basically starts 2 independent discussion threads.