how to I run a beancount plugin? beancount.plugins.book_conversions

jke...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 9:58:02 AM8/12/17
to Beancount
Hi there,

I'm a beginning beancount user, if I can get the beancount.plugins.book_conversions to run on my journal for calculating my capital gains/losses.

I found that the source for that plugin is in the plugins directory on my beancount install, but I'm at a loss for how to use it.

Can someone point me to the appropriate documentation?

Thanks,

Joel

jke...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 11:17:30 AM8/12/17
to Beancount, jke...@gmail.com
Duh! I found it in the documentation, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QftxNvQPdH-MikMBHupftU6F4IsNZP5FlFh1LCbVgk8/edit: a plugin is added to the input file via the optional syntax.

In my case, that was simply adding this line:

  plugin "beancount.plugins.book_conversions" "Assets:Bitcoin,Income:Capital-gains"

and the sample data works.