Issue #282: Pipe not a comment? (blais/beancount)

Martin Michlmayr

Apr 16, 2018, 11:13:00 AM4/16/18
to bean...@googlegroups.com
New issue 282: Pipe not a comment?
https://bitbucket.org/blais/beancount/issues/282/pipe-not-a-comment

Martin Michlmayr:

I don't know if this is a code or a documentation issue. The syntax guide says:

> Any line that does not begin as a valid Beancount syntax directive (e.g. with a date) is silently ignored.

Now I'm not sure if this is wise since this makes it really easy to accidentally get something silently ignored that you don't want to be ignored.

But in any case, if the documentation is correct, this should be a valid comment:

```
| foo
```

but I get:

```
.../t.bean:3: syntax error, unexpected PIPE
```