Beancount Mobile app

Kirill Goncharov

Aug 26, 2019, 1:59:39 PM8/26/19
to Beancount
Hi,

I created a mobile data entry app for Beancount: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=link.beancount.mobile

Currently only Android is supported.

Tony Xiao

Aug 26, 2019, 2:47:39 PM8/26/19
to bean...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome, thanks for sharing. How do you sync data with beancount desktop app?

---
Tony

Sent via Superhuman

Kirill Goncharov

Daniele Nicolodi

Aug 26, 2019, 4:08:00 PM8/26/19
to bean...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kirill,

thanks for sharing your work.

I installed the app but I haven't found a way to create a new beancount
file and (on my very old Android 6.0) the file selector dialog is
limited to a few folders (Recent, Images, Videos, Audio, Downloads) and
does not give me a view of all the filesystem, thus I cannot select one
file synced with Syncthing.

Cheers,
Dan

Kirill Goncharov

Aug 26, 2019, 4:47:22 PM8/26/19
to Beancount
It is expected that you already have the file somewhere on the device. File picker should provide access to SD card, but maybe it works differently on Android 6.0. I'll look into it.

On 26-08-2019 11:59, Kirill Goncharov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a mobile data entry app for Beancount:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=link.beancount.mobile
>
> Currently only Android is supported.
>
> Repo / bug tracker: https://github.com/xuhcc/beancount-mobile

Kirill Goncharov

Aug 26, 2019, 4:55:07 PM8/26/19
to Beancount

Do you have a popup menu in the file selector dialog? This menu should contain "Show SD card" item.

Screenshot_1566852609.png

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 11:08:00 PM UTC+3, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
Hi Kirill,

thanks for sharing your work.

I installed the app but I haven't found a way to create a new beancount
file and (on my very old Android 6.0) the file selector dialog is
limited to a few folders (Recent, Images, Videos, Audio, Downloads) and
does not give me a view of all the filesystem, thus I cannot select one
file synced with Syncthing.

Cheers,
Dan

On 26-08-2019 11:59, Kirill Goncharov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a mobile data entry app for Beancount:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=link.beancount.mobile
>
> Currently only Android is supported.
>
> Repo / bug tracker: https://github.com/xuhcc/beancount-mobile

Martin Blais

Sep 3, 2019, 11:23:31 PM9/3/19
to Beancount
Very cool!
I've added the entry to the contrib page, near the interfaces.