Datasheet on the SOC

pa...@bredband.net

Feb 18, 2021, 1:53:29 AM2/18/21
to BeagleV
Hi, interested in the new SOC from StarFive .
Have anyone seen any usable TRM och datasheet on the chips inside.
Would be nice to be able to do an assesment if it's suitable to use as an evalboard for RiscV.  For instance is the Ethernet IEEE 1588 capable.

Mala Dies

Feb 21, 2021, 5:27:13 PM2/21/21
to BeagleV
Hello...look in the links on some of the posts here.

I think there is a link for the SoC.

Seth

Saket Sinha

Feb 22, 2021, 2:42:22 AM2/22/21
to Mala Dies, BeagleV
Hi,

I found it here -
https://sifive.cdn.prismic.io/sifive/6fa9f9ac-847d-4cc6-8b6e-3926838bf632_sifive_U74_rtl_full_20G1.03.00_manual.pdf

Regards,
Saket Sinha

pa...@bredband.net

Feb 25, 2021, 1:19:36 PM2/25/21
to BeagleV
Thanks, but that's not the SOC manual I am looking for.
This was the U74 CPU spec, I was interested in the SOC containing the U74 it should have a ethernet controller and some more chips.
But I can't find it so maybe it's very early it's  not open without an NDA.
Otherwise I like them to think like Xilinx, it's very easy to get info on their Zynq SOC, so it's easy to evaluate if it's good enough for my project.
Regards
Patrik

Drew Fustini

Feb 25, 2021, 1:44:19 PM2/25/21
to pa...@bredband.net, BeagleV
Unfortunately there is not a public datasheet for the SoC yet. The
beta program should be starting next month at which point we should be
able to release more information.

Thanks,
Drew
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beaglev/442d6e44-7c9b-42c2-8c00-ed7b62fb9954n%40googlegroups.com.

Michel Catudal

Feb 25, 2021, 4:53:44 PM2/25/21
to pa...@bredband.net, BeagleV

Le 25 févr. 2021 à 1:19 PM, pa...@bredband.net <pa...@bredband.net> a écrit :

Thanks, but that's not the SOC manual I am looking for.
This was the U74 CPU spec, I was interested in the SOC containing the U74 it should have a ethernet controller and some more chips.
But I can't find it so maybe it's very early it's  not open without an NDA.
Otherwise I like them to think like Xilinx, it's very easy to get info on their Zynq SOC, so it's easy to evaluate if it's good enough for my project.
Regards
Patrik

When can we expect to have information on the ports used, memory, etc?

I need this to add a  BeagleV machine in my yocto build as well as the kernel and u-boot in both my yocto built and gentoo

I have created a gentoo stage3 from scratch for the riscv64 processor, works nicely in chroot, I am missing u-boot and kernel

Embedded Linux Software
https://suzielinux.com

Drew Fustini

Feb 25, 2021, 7:20:58 PM2/25/21
to Michel Catudal, pa...@bredband.net, BeagleV
The repos for Linux, uboot and opensbi should be available once we
ship the beta BeagleV boards, possibly sooner if I get my way. The
device tree source files will be available then too.

Currently, StarFive is using the freedom-u-sdk like SiFive does but
with patches needed for the StarFive SoC. There is also a person from
Fedora that has built a minimal image too. The kernel was originally
4.19 but 5.10 now boots on it. There will be more effort to get these
changes into shape for upstream submission. We are hoping the Beta
program will help facilitate that process.

The SiFive FU540 is a pretty good analog for the StarFive 7100. There
are of course differences in terms of peripherals but they are both
RV64GC. The FU540 has support in both Qemu and Renode.

thanks,
drew