PocketBeagle workshop at Hackaday Supercon

Drew Fustini

Oct 2, 2017, 2:31:07 PM10/2/17
to Beagle Board, beaglebonegroup
FYI - workshop at the Hackaday Superconference on weekend of November 11th:

"Rapid Prototyping & Linux Kernel Development with the PocketBeagle Platform"

http://mailchi.mp/hackaday/hackaday-superconference-workshop-tickets-now-available?e=a6dd9d4b3b

thanks,
drew

CJA

Oct 16, 2017, 5:30:41 PM10/16/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi Drew,
Awesome, I just received my PocketBeagle today from arrow.com.  Is this going to be a full day workshop ? And are there any prerequisites, in terms of getting acquainted to certain topic's before attending the workshop..
Thanks for the help - Carmelito

Drew Fustini

Oct 16, 2017, 5:33:26 PM10/16/17
to Beagle Board
Robert Nelson is running the workshop so hopefully he can elaborate on those details.

Robert Nelson

Oct 16, 2017, 5:48:17 PM10/16/17
to Beagle Board
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:30 PM, CJA <carmel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Drew,
> Awesome, I just received my PocketBeagle today from arrow.com. Is this
> going to be a full day workshop ? And are there any prerequisites, in terms
> of getting acquainted to certain topic's before attending the workshop..
> Thanks for the help - Carmelito

What would you like us to talk about? ;)

aka, i'm still writing everything up.. Definitely be going over
u-boot, kernel, u-boot overlays, config-pin, adafruit-io... ;)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

William Hermans

Oct 16, 2017, 11:41:01 PM10/16/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Just a note, all workshops already sold out.

Message has been deleted

CJA

Oct 17, 2017, 8:13:27 PM10/17/17
to BeagleBoard
Okay, Thanks for letting me know..Please let me know if a spot opens up for -Rapid Prototyping & Linux Kernel Development with the PocketBeagle Platform ,and I will register for the workshop.. - Carmelito

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Robert Nelson <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:30 PM, CJA <carmel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Drew,
> Awesome, I just received my PocketBeagle today from arrow.com.  Is this
> going to be a full day workshop ? And are there any prerequisites, in terms
> of getting acquainted to certain topic's before attending the workshop..
> Thanks for the help - Carmelito

What would you like us to talk about? ;)

aka, i'm still writing everything up..  Definitely be going over
u-boot, kernel, u-boot overlays, config-pin, adafruit-io... ;)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Jeff Andich

Oct 19, 2017, 9:19:30 AM10/19/17
to BeagleBoard
Does anyone know if the sessions will be recorded and then posted online at some point like with the ELC?

Thanks! jeff

Robert Nelson

Oct 19, 2017, 10:58:48 AM10/19/17
to Beagle Board
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Jeff Andich <jeff....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the sessions will be recorded and then posted online at
> some point like with the ELC?

OH great, i hope they don't record me... ;)

The Lab/Project/etc is hosted here:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/Supercon-2017-PocketBeagle

Still working on all the lecture notes/etc. ;)

Drew Fustini

Oct 19, 2017, 11:42:49 PM10/19/17
to Beagle Board
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Jeff Andich <jeff....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the sessions will be recorded and then posted online at
> some point like with the ELC?

The talks are recorded and put on YouTube but I do not believe any of
the workshops were recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXAZZfJm-g&list=PL_tws4AXg7at2TiR1LsACadeJzUEaGUm4

-Drew

Jeff Andich

Oct 20, 2017, 11:37:20 AM10/20/17
to BeagleBoard
Ok Cool!

Well I hope you offer more workshops (which I assume is like a lab exercise with a BeagleBoard.org instructor) in the future - maybe even at ELC!   Since Robert's workshop is booked-up, I think it goes without saying that there's potentially a big demand for this kind of thing...

CJA

Oct 25, 2017, 5:31:01 PM10/25/17
to BeagleBoard
+1 to Jeff's comment, would it be possible to share the lab hand outs/presentation.. Thanks - Carmelito

Jeff Andich

Nov 10, 2017, 8:59:29 AM11/10/17
to BeagleBoard
(Sorry if this is a necrobump, don't know how stale a thread has to be before considered a necrobump..)

Looks like Supercon will be live streaming on YouTube and Facebook.  See the following link and subscribe to the respective channel(s):