beaglebone rev B i2c

herve.le...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 10:31:50 AM8/10/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello All,

We are using BBB for some years now for our product . Some month ago due to the new revision of BBB we had to switch the base image from debian 7.9 to debian 8.6 IoT (from beagleboard.org) . so far everything ok with any type of rev C BBB .. We tried to update an older BBB which is of revision B and then got some issues with i2c , i2c-1 and i2c-2 do not work anymore .

Our way of working with emmc is to burn an entire image onto it.

I checked dmesg on both revision and besides the timeout I get when trying to access i2c-1 and i2c-2 , I got the same initialisation messages concerning i2c.

When I do i2cdetect -r -y 1 , it is slow and do not show any device adress (plus some timeout messages in dmesg) .

So question is , what is the difference between rev C and B in terms of i2c configuration ? (beside the fact that the name of the device has been switched but this should not be an issue here)

Any advice , idea welcome.

Thanks,

Hervé.