Terminal nor showing current path/ location

aa...@cnccraft.co.uk

Feb 16, 2019, 1:59:07 PM2/16/19
to BeagleBoard
Hi
I finally managed to flash my beagle bone with Angstrom (I really think there is something wrong with the debian image on this site)

My problem is, the terminal does not show the current path or location... it displays 'sh-4.2#'. How can I make it display normally\?

Thanks for any help.

evilwulfie

Feb 16, 2019, 2:06:47 PM2/16/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
So now you know how flash Debian onto it.

Angstrom is so far behind its dust.

I been using the Debian images from Robert here forever they ALWAYS just work

Adrian Godwin

Feb 16, 2019, 2:43:12 PM2/16/19
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The shell prompt can be customised using the environment variable PS1. I would guess yours is set to show hostname but anything is possible. See http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/bashref.html#Controlling-the-Prompt

If you have another system that's showing a prompt that you prefer, you can finmd out what it's set to with
echo $PS1