SPI1

evilwulfie

Feb 21, 2018, 12:45:09 PM2/21/18
to BeagleBoard
Has anybody managed to get /dev/spidev1.0 working on the latest release ?

I been trying to get a spi display working and i can see data going to the display
I can see the CS go low and i can see clocks but i do not see data from the display.
Just trying to read status registers here.

so I decide to test the hardware with no display

I grab https://raw.githubusercontent.com/torvalds/linux/master/tools/spi/spidev_test.c

jumper the SO and SI pins ( P9-29 and P9-30 ) and no data returned

I would think that the output should look like what is described here

https://gist.github.com/pdp7/33a8ad95efcbcc0fadc3f96a70d4b159
debian@beaglebone:~/spi$ sudo ./spidev_test --device /dev/spidev1.0
spi mode: 0
bits per word: 8
max speed: 500000 Hz (500 KHz)

FF FF FF FF FF FF
40 00 00 00 00 95
FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF
DE AD BE EF BA AD
F0 0D

but what i get is

root@bone:/home/debian/loopback# ./spidev_test --device /dev/spidev1.0
spi mode: 0x0
bits per word: 8
max speed: 500000 Hz (500 KHz)

I am using the BB-SPIDEV1-00A0.dtbo file loaded at boot

any ideas or am i just missing something