ADC.setup() Prevents Python Program from Running at Autostart

Tomas Medina

Mar 11, 2018, 11:28:38 PM3/11/18
to BeagleBoard
I am trying to write a program on the Beaglebone Black Wireless (Debian image 2017-07-01) that runs at the startup. The program runs fine if executed from the command line, but when I try to run it automatically at startup (using crontab), the program doesn't run at all (as indicated by a grep command). After some testing, I think I may have found the culprit. The program contains the following lines which, if disabled, allow the program to run with crontab:
import Adafruit_BBIO.ADC as ADC

ADC
.setup()

I need to program to be able to read analog values.
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,

Tomas

Drew Fustini

Mar 12, 2018, 3:51:12 AM3/12/18
to Beagle Board
I maintain Adafruit_BBIO. Please create an issue on the GitHub repository and I will investigate the issue:

Thanks
Drew