Configuring GPIO pins as active high

salah...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2018, 7:36:48 AM2/23/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi,

I want to configure some of my gpio pins (P8_07 to P8_10) of my beagle bone black revC board as inputs with active high state.

OS running in my board is Debian 9.3, with Kernel 4.1.

Robert Nelson

Feb 23, 2018, 10:54:40 AM2/23/18
to Beagle Board, salah...@gmail.com
4.1.x? we dropped that over a year ago..

So the current doc's are not going to be relavent..

Start with the latest image:

https://beagleboard.org/latest-images

and use config-pin on those pins..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

salah...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2018, 10:33:54 PM2/26/18
to BeagleBoard
Thanks @Robert

I could solve the issue by setting active_low value in /sys/class/gpio/gpio66

But I think that's not the recommended method.

Comments please!!

evilwulfie

Feb 27, 2018, 5:54:40 AM2/27/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
write a device overlay to do all of this then load it in /boot/uEnv.txt

salah...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2018, 10:15:17 PM3/9/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi Wulf Man,

I've added the related dtbo files in /lib/firmware/ and the links I've kept in the /boot/uEnv.txt as follows:

###Overide capes with eeprom
#uboot_overlay_addr0=/lib/firmware/<file0>.dtbo
#uboot_overlay_addr1=/lib/firmware/<file1>.dtbo

But, it didn't help!! :(

evilwulfie

Mar 10, 2018, 9:50:17 AM3/10/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The "#" sign must be removed or it will not load
not sure if you did that :)

Stuart Longland

Mar 10, 2018, 11:00:42 AM3/10/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On 11/03/18 00:49, evilwulfie wrote:
> The "#" sign must be removed or it will not load
> not sure if you did that :)
>
> On 3/9/2018 8:15 PM, salah...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi Wulf Man,
>>
>> I've added the related dtbo files in /lib/firmware/ and the links I've
>> kept in the /boot/uEnv.txt as follows:
>>
>> ###Overide capes with eeprom
>> #uboot_overlay_addr0=/lib/firmware/<file0>.dtbo
>> #uboot_overlay_addr1=/lib/firmware/<file1>.dtbo

Probably worth subsituting <file0> with the name of the actual file too. :-)

--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.