can't start X windows

Bernard Fischer

May 12, 2020, 7:15:46 PM5/12/20
to BeagleBoard

Running Debian Buster IoT Image 2020-04-06 on Beagle Bone Blue. I installed tightvnc and lqxt and xorg.  When I try startx, I get this error

Debian Buster IoT Image 2020-04-06

I can connect VNC, but there's no desktop because X wouldn't start.

I'm connecting to the board via wifi, if that  matters.

Any ideas on how to startx so i can get a desktop on VNC?

thanks

Bernard Fischer

May 12, 2020, 7:20:04 PM5/12/20
to BeagleBoard
typo: lxqt

Bernard Fischer

May 12, 2020, 7:37:37 PM5/12/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I figured it out. I didn't need to start x at all.  when it typed "vncviewer" instead of "tightvncviewer", x started up on its own.

Take care,
Ben Fischer