Windows 10 Bone_D64.exe Failing

mscleavite

Aug 12, 2015, 11:13:13 PM8/12/15
to BeagleBoard
I have just upgraded to Windows 10 on a machine that I have not previously connected my BBB to.  I had success on other windows 8 machines as well as SSHing using Putty.  I have spent SOME time searching forums and not finding much at all on Windows 10.  During the install of the Bone_D64.exe, the driver the status returned on all the drivers is "Install Failed".  Let the flaming begin.....  Or hopefully there is someone out there that has encountered and concurred this.

Robert Nelson

Aug 12, 2015, 11:24:24 PM8/12/15
to Beagle Board

On Aug 12, 2015 10:13 PM, "mscleavite" <jeff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just upgraded to Windows 10 on a machine that I have not previously connected my BBB to.  I had success on other windows 8 machines as well as SSHing using Putty.  I have spent SOME time searching forums and not finding much at all on Windows 10.  During the install of the Bone_D64.exe, the driver the status returned on all the drivers is "Install Failed".  Let the flaming begin.....  Or hopefully there is someone out there that has encountered and concurred this.

You know the rules, first to upgrade gets to fix the issues. ;)

Driver source:

https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-getting-started/tree/master/Drivers/Windows/src

But there is a bigger issue, the signing key expired and Jason's working on getting that updated.

Regards,

William Hermans

Aug 18, 2015, 11:30:39 PM8/18/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Or . . .

sudo apt-get install .  .  . um my bad haha !

Yeah anyhow have you tried running the executable with elevated privileges ? e.g. right click -> run as admin. Technically the device driver *should* just work. Since it's just a libusb "elmo gas LTD"
 usb gadget.

Take some advice from another Windows user though. First, if you're serious about working with / on your BBB. Don't upgrade from a known working system . . . Second, get yourself a cheap second machine and run Linux on it. *Or* use virtualbox, and a Linux virtual machine if you really must.

Not going to flame ya, or nothing like that. I use Windows daily, and quite a lot daily for that matter. But, when you're working on a Linux dev board system . . .

OzziePhil

Sep 21, 2015, 8:18:00 PM9/21/15
to BeagleBoard
Follow the instructions to disable signature checking here:

Right-click on the installer, and use Run As Administrator. You will get four warnings about unsigned drivers. If you are happy to proceed, accept them. Should all be good.

don.f...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2015, 4:21:01 PM11/2/15
to BeagleBoard
All,

Don't know if you were able to resolve...just in case...i found solution as I had the exact same problem.  Go to the driver, right click and bring up "Properties" window.  The select "Compatibility" Tab and the click "Run compatibility troubleshooter".  Once troubleshooter runs then pick option that repairs compatibility.  Worked like a champ for me.

Many Thanks
Don

Krishanu Banerjee

Dec 17, 2016, 3:37:56 AM12/17/16
to BeagleBoard, don.f...@gmail.com
Hi
I am facing this issue.
compatibility troubleshooting didn't work for me.
Also I tried disabling signature check.

spstr...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2017, 12:11:27 AM3/25/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi,
I was having this issue on a windows 10 machine. When I went to install the software that was on the BBB the windows popup was yellow asking if I wanted to install from an unknown publisher. I tried the suggestions listed here and they didn't work. I then went to http://beagleboard.org/static/beaglebone/latest/README.htm and downloaded the driver from there. When I ran that it listed it was from a verified publisher and the installation worked properly. At that point I was also able to access the BBB through the ip address. Hope this works for everybody else finding their way to this page.

more...@gmail.com

May 29, 2017, 10:53:20 PM5/29/17
to BeagleBoard, spstr...@gmail.com
Thanks! Worked for me.

Nathan Holder

Jul 11, 2017, 9:52:52 PM7/11/17
to BeagleBoard
I had the same issue, I disabled signature requirement for drivers.

William Hermans

Jul 11, 2017, 10:06:52 PM7/11/17
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Well, this is like a 2 year old post . . . Let me just say this. I'm running Windows 10 pro on a Lenovo Thinkpad, and I happened to have a BBG plugged into a USB 3.0 port off this laptop for power( using ethernet for networking ), and Windows update automatically installed the NDIS driver for it the update after . . . So, I have not used it, but no problems with it installing at all. Also, I did not run the Bone_D64 installer either . . .

leonar...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2017, 3:35:00 PM10/23/17
to BeagleBoard
Thank you!

dsta...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2018, 9:30:13 PM2/3/18
to BeagleBoard
Updating the BIOS did not work for me, but installing RNDIS drive worked with the following instructions (found somewhere else that I cannot find now)

device manager
Under other devices choose RNDIS
right click on it and update driver
Browse my computer
let me pick
"Network adapters"
select microsoft from on the left
choose "USB RNDIS"
Click next
click yes
then close
DONE!!! YEAH !!!

Robert Nelson

Feb 3, 2018, 9:37:19 PM2/3/18
to Beagle Board, dsta...@gmail.com
On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 9:48 PM, <dsta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Updating the BIOS did not work for me, but installing RNDIS drive worked
> with the following instructions (found somewhere else that I cannot find
> now)
>
> device manager
> Under other devices choose RNDIS
> right click on it and update driver
> Browse my computer
> let me pick
> "Network adapters"
> select microsoft from on the left
> choose "USB RNDIS"
> Click next
> click yes
> then close
> DONE!!! YEAH !!!

We transitioned to using Microsoft's built-in drivers about a year ago.

All the 'latest' images no longer require that signed driver.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Jason Kridner

Feb 4, 2018, 10:46:51 AM2/4/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, dsta...@gmail.com
We always used Microsoft’s own built-in drivers. What we sign is the .inf files that TELL Windows it is OKAY to use those drivers.

That’s not 100% it. We do also pack in an FDTI driver for the serial on the original BeagleBone. It is the driver package FTDI distributes with our VID/PID added to the .inf.

Using the “signed drivers” May still be needed on Windows 7.

The 1709 update done to Windows 10 in late-Dec/early-Jan seems like it might have messed some people up.

Also, it has been about a year since I signed them last, so people might be trying to install them and seeing it fail—even if they aren’t needed.

Anyone know a good Microsoft contact for this type of thing?

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

arun...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2018, 3:37:05 PM2/8/18
to BeagleBoard

rajanv...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2018, 9:24:13 AM4/15/18
to BeagleBoard
Fallow this instruction https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/how-to-install-microsoft-rndis-driver-for-windows-7

This instruction for windows 7 but I am using windows 10 and it works for me. Not need to disable driver signature.

Thanks

daniel...@grintech.net

May 28, 2018, 8:10:55 PM5/28/18
to BeagleBoard
This solved it for me. Thanks!

mohamad.p...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2018, 8:48:43 PM7/28/18
to BeagleBoard
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cluist...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2018, 1:56:16 PM10/6/18
to BeagleBoard
Good job man! Worked for me too! Thanks!

anagh...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2019, 7:45:40 AM1/2/19
to BeagleBoard
Worked for me as well . Thanks a lot.