modules_install faild

jennifer Dsilva

Aug 25, 2020, 12:15:28 AM8/25/20
to BeagleBoard

neko@nekobot:~/Downloads/linux$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/home/neko/RFS_Static/ modules_install

The present busybox configuration has modules disabled.

Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.

Then build a kernel with module support enabled.

Makefile:946: recipe for target 'modules_install' failed

make: *** [modules_install] Error 1

Can you help me fix that ?
busybox: 1.26.0

ubuntu: 18.04

sa.png

robert.sty...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2020, 4:45:22 AM8/25/20
to BeagleBoard
Do you need sudo or root access rights to install?

jennifer Dsilva

Aug 25, 2020, 8:54:38 AM8/25/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi sir ,
 I attached the screen shot of my error. Just that I wanted to resolve.

jennifer Dsilva

Aug 25, 2020, 8:56:58 AM8/25/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
This is the issue. How to resolve this
2020-08-25_12-17-18-32d79e500af350bd4401de5f4f6c1d2c.png

jennifer Dsilva

Aug 25, 2020, 8:58:56 AM8/25/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
 This is the error I'm getting

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020, 18:24 jennifer Dsilva <jennifer...@gmail.com> wrote:
2020-08-25_12-17-18-32d79e500af350bd4401de5f4f6c1d2c.png

Robert Nelson

Aug 25, 2020, 9:12:22 AM8/25/20
to Beagle Board
On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 7:58 AM jennifer Dsilva
<jennifer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the error I'm getting

You should read the error..

It tells you exactly what you need to fix..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/
modules.png

robert.sty...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2020, 10:24:24 AM8/25/20
to BeagleBoard
Jennifer,
The error message that RobertCN has highlighted, says you need to configure the project with 'make config'  to run the configuration setup.

In the configuration setup, there is some way the enable loadable modules.

Assuming the configuration succeeds...

You can make the project and install it.

Robert ,
The error message says there is something wrong with the modules_install recipe (or instruction script), it is not immediately obvious that the warning above is related.

jennifer Dsilva

Aug 25, 2020, 11:02:08 AM8/25/20
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you sir.