Android and PRUs

karl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2018, 7:40:12 AM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard
Has anyone managed to communicate with PRUs from Android?
I am interested in running something on PRU0 that will send data to the CPU.
The main problem is that there is no remoteproc in precompiled android images. Is is possible for remoteproc to work under Android? Is there another way to communicate with PRUs from Android?
Also, /dev/mem doesn't seem to work correctly because whenever I try to read anything from it I get a bus error.

I have no prior experience working with Android so for me it looks pretty much like linux with some features removed.

karl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2018, 7:40:20 AM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard

karl...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2018, 7:40:28 AM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard
Has anyone managed to communicate with PRUs from Android?
I am interested in running something on PRU0 that will send data to the CPU.
The main problem is that there is no remoteproc in precompiled android images. Is is possible for remoteproc to work under Android? Is there another way to communicate with PRUs from Android?

I have no prior experience working with Android so for me it looks pretty much like linux with some features removed.

I wasn't sure if it was better for me to ask this question here or on the Android thread so I posted it in both.

Jeff Andich

Aug 10, 2018, 11:37:16 AM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard
TI appears to offer an Android processor SDK for the Sitara 572x (BB-X15), but I don't see one for the 335X (BeagleBone Black).

The 572x, 571x platform has PRU's, so I'm assuming that TI provides a way to load the PRU's from their Android SDK on that platform.  Maybe if you peruse their forums and post questions on TI E2E, they can help provide guidance on loading the PRU...

Let us know what you find out..

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Andich

Aug 10, 2018, 1:27:39 PM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard
Also, could you please cross reference the Android forum you posted to so those interested can follow the status there?

Thanks!!

Praneeth Bajjuri

Aug 10, 2018, 2:52:06 PM8/10/18
to BeagleBoard
What Android version and What Beagleboard version?

Remoteproc and PRU are tested on android on industrial AM57 platform variant of X15. You can refer processor sdk android release notes for this part.