BBB Wireless - uart0 serial debug console failed after upgrade from default Debian 8.6 to Debian 9.4

bohl...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2018, 7:59:24 AM8/1/18
to BeagleBoard

Hi,

I just bought two BBB Wireless boards.
The default image, Debian version is 8.6 - I am able to use PUTTY for serial debug console.

But after I have upgraded to latest Debian version 9.4, my Windows Computer Device manager can still detect the serial port, BUT PUTTY for serial debug console is NOT responding anymore.....
I use remote SSH to login, and see that ttyO is still enabled
# dmesg | grep ttyO
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttyO0,115200n8 bone_capemgr.uboot_capemgr_enabled=1 root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait coherent_pool=1M net.ifnames=0 quiet
[    0.001991] WARNING: Your 'console=ttyO0' has been replaced by 'ttyS0'
# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="9"
VERSION="9 (stretch)"
ID=debian
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"

What should I do to enable putty back for serial debug console use?

Note: the original image Debian info in the new BBB wireless board:
# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="8"
VERSION="8 (jessie)"
ID=debian
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"

Thanks

Boh Lim Sim

Aug 3, 2018, 12:14:30 AM8/3/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry I am new to this. I could not find my question in the forum....
Where can I find it?
Do I need to resend again?

Thanks in advance
Boh Lim