How to Autorun application at the start up in BeagleBone

santosh...@devtechm2m.com

Apr 4, 2018, 7:27:39 AM4/4/18
to BeagleBoard

 I am using BBB with latest debian version 9.2.I want Autorun application at the start up.
firstly i am trying to crontab & systemd service it's working but not showing debugged data on serial debug.

Chris Green

Apr 4, 2018, 4:03:34 PM4/4/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
santosh...@devtechm2m.com wrote:
> [-- multipart/alternative, encoding 7bit, 51 lines --]
>
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: UTF-8, 16 lines --]
> <https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/how-to-autorun-application-at-the-start-up-in-linux#Systemd>

A basic method I use is to run things from /etc/rc.local. Any program
called from /etc/rc.local will get run at system startup.

--
Chris Green
·

santosh...@devtechm2m.com

Apr 13, 2018, 9:18:05 AM4/13/18
to BeagleBoard

/etc/rc.local directory not available
also write script file in rc5d ,rc3.d directory but not working.
need a help!!!!!!!!!!

Przemek Klosowski

Apr 13, 2018, 12:19:09 PM4/13/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM, <santosh...@devtechm2m.com> wrote:

> /etc/rc.local directory not available
It's a file, not a directory. Just try it:

echo touch /tmp/testRClocal > /etc/rc.local

and reboot the system. You should see the newly created file
/tmp/testRClocal when you login into the running system.

> also write script file in rc5d ,rc3.d directory but not working.
What did you write into those files? which OS version are you running?
Need more detail to help you.
Most new systems use systemd rather than the old SysV /etc/rc* files,
so this may not work (but /etc/rc.local is actually emulated by
systemd so that should be OK).

Yiling Cao

Apr 14, 2018, 4:53:59 AM4/14/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
crontab log can be specified if your /etc/rc.local is not existent or executed.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4883069/debugging-crontab-jobs

depend on you linux distro also have a look like /etc/init.d/

santosh...@devtechm2m.com

Apr 19, 2018, 7:43:34 AM4/19/18
to BeagleBoard
Details
eeprom:[A335BNLT000C1633BBBG0061]
model:[TI_AM335x_BeagleBone_Black]
dogtag:[BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2018-01-07]
bootloader:[microSD-(push-button)]:[/dev/mmcblk0]:[U-Boot 2018.01-rc3-00002-gb33224]
bootloader:[eMMC-(default)]:[/dev/mmcblk1]:[U-Boot 2017.09-00002-g0f3f1c7907]
kernel:[4.9.74-ti-r90]
nodejs:[v6.12.3]

santosh...@devtechm2m.com

Apr 19, 2018, 7:43:39 AM4/19/18
to BeagleBoard
on crontab working but output not showing on serial debug.