Beaglelogic with Linux beaglebone 4.9.36-ti-r46 #1

DLF

Aug 11, 2017, 9:26:46 AM8/11/17
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

Is anyone with a Beaglelogic using the 4.9.36-ti-r46 #1 ?.

I've followed the instructions/image from Abishek on https://beaglelogic.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html but I can't get it to work.

Following the troubleshooting section on the "readthedocs" site everything checks out okay also.  As far a I can tell the pins are not being Mux'd at all, but I don't know where to go next(novice user) .  I've zero'd my emmc so I'm sure I'm running from the SD card.

I've been successful with an older version (bone-debian-8.4-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-04-10-4gb.img) but would like to upgrade.

I don't mind to raise an issue for Abishek in git but I just wanted to see if there is something else to try beforehand or if someone can confirm it is working.

I've made a posting over on the Beaglelogic group but it is a little lonely over there...
https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!forum/beaglelogic

cheers,
GL

DLF

Aug 12, 2017, 6:15:21 AM8/12/17
to BeagleBoard
Hi - just to report back, I've sorted this out and the 4.9.36-ti-r46 #1 release is working with Beaglelogic.

it turns out I had some old crap in my bootloader that was not zero'd out properly.

cheers,
GL

travis8...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2018, 9:27:03 PM9/1/18
to BeagleBoard
Hi DLF,

I am having a similar problem getting Beaglelogic to run an a BBB board.  Can you point me in the direction of trouble shooting steps you took to get it working?

Thanks,
TC

dlf

Sep 3, 2018, 7:58:14 AM9/3/18
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

I think I had a bad / legacy bootloader on the emmc.   I cleared it out and booted from the SD Card and it worked.
There is another "google groups" dedicated to Beaglelogic, but it is very quiet.  Kumar Abhishek is the "owner" of this group so maybe check over there....

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/beaglelogic/FH-nsr6NXD0

cheers