How to disable RNDIS gadget and configure USB as a serial interface?

Vinicius

Mar 7, 2018, 3:10:06 PM3/7/18
to BeagleBoard
BeagleBoneBlack, with debian 8.5 and Linux 4.4.12-ti-rt-r32

I want to disable the RNDIS gadget from usb0 and configure it as a
serial port (like ttyACM or ttyUSB)

How I can do this?

Many thanks,

Vinicius

Robert Nelson

Mar 7, 2018, 3:28:24 PM3/7/18
to Beagle Board, sdmi...@uol.com.br
On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Vinicius <sdmi...@uol.com.br> wrote:
> BeagleBoneBlack, with debian 8.5 and Linux 4.4.12-ti-rt-r32
>
> I want to disable the RNDIS gadget from usb0 and configure it as a serial
> port (like ttyACM or ttyUSB)
>
> How I can do this?

/dev/ttyACM0 is enabled by default with the RNDIS gadget..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Vinicius

Mar 7, 2018, 5:33:17 PM3/7/18
to Beagle Board
I disabled the network configuration for usb0, reboot it, but no ttyACM0
device in /dev on BBB, nor in host computer (also Linux Debian)...

perhaps some script ?

Regards,

Vinicius

Robert Nelson

Mar 7, 2018, 5:40:33 PM3/7/18
to Beagle Board
On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Vinicius <sdmi...@uol.com.br> wrote:
> I disabled the network configuration for usb0, reboot it, but no ttyACM0
> device in /dev on BBB, nor in host computer (also Linux Debian)...
>
> perhaps some script ?

Well, 'today' the ACM device is created thru configfs/libcomposite:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/blob/master/boot/am335x_evm.sh#L472-L550

back in 8.5 era, it was a specific usb-gadget module.

Your choice, debug what you have, or just grab the latest image:

https://beagleboard.org/latest-images