Video device not found error.

Ujjval Rathod

Jun 9, 2021, 12:15:52 PM6/9/21
to BeagleBoard
I am trying to capture the images from the USB camera. I get an error that no device has been found on the /dev/video0 on beaglebone black running debian.

Does anyone has an idea? How to deal with this kind of error?

Regards,
Ujjval

evilwulfie

Jun 9, 2021, 1:43:58 PM6/9/21
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I love the beaglebone, dont get me wrong
but the r-pi has a nice video input and it just works.

jonnymo

Jun 9, 2021, 2:01:55 PM6/9/21
to Beagle Board
Things that would help to understand the issue are:

1. The output of the version.sh script:
  Ex:
    sudo  /opt/scripts/tools/version.sh

2. Provide the Make/Model of USB camera used

3. What application is used when seeing the error?

4. Does the camera show in the 'dmesg' output and/or /var/log/syslog?

5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far?

I think this would be a start in helping to understand your issue.

Cheers,

Jon

Ujjval Rathod

Jun 10, 2021, 12:04:19 AM6/10/21
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes the camera shows up in 'dmesg' output.

I have used some applications to access the camera such as Cheese, ffmpeg, motion etc.

It is a USB camera I don't know the name of it.

Please see the screenshot below.

Regards,
Ujjval

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAG99bkou00c_vmh52aKgHo%2BtTbr2%2BNmYFL7X82Ug192JLk_aRQ%40mail.gmail.com.
Screenshot from 2021-06-10 09-27-56.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-10 09-25-23.png
20210607_185752.jpg