How to extend the RAM of BeagleBone Green ?

Ichrak Mansour

Jun 13, 2018, 12:00:54 PM6/13/18
to BeagleBoard
Hello,

Is it possible to extend the RAM of BeagleBone Green to support MongoDB ?

Knowing that the map is characterized by:

  • Fully Compatible with BeagleBone Black
  • Processor: AM335x 1GHz ARMR Cortex-A8
    • 512MB DDR3 RAM
    • 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage
    • 3D graphics accelerator
    • NEON floating-point accelerator
    • 2x PRU 32-bit microcontrollers
  • Connectivity
    • USB client for power & communications
    • USB host
    • Ethernet
    • 2x 46 pin headers
    • 2x Grove connectors (I2C and UART)
  • Software Compatibility
    • Debian
    • Android
    • Ubuntu
    • Cloud9 IDE on Node.js w/ BoneScript library
    • plus much more
  • debian@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9$ uname -a
    Linux beaglebone 4.9.82-ti-r102 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 22 01:16:12 UTC 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

    debian@beaglebone:/var/lib/cloud9$ cat /etc/*-release
    PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
    NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
    VERSION_ID="9"
    VERSION="9 (stretch)"
    ID=debian
    HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
    SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
    BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"
If so, how does it work?

Thanks.

Robert Nelson

Jun 13, 2018, 12:08:39 PM6/13/18
to Beagle Board, Ichrak Mansour
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Ichrak Mansour
<ichrakma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to extend the RAM of BeagleBone Green to support MongoDB ?

Sure it's possible to double the ram on the Green, you'll need to pay
$ to a service..

However, officially MongoDB developers have no plans to support 32 Bit
ARMv7 devices..

So why?...

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Robert Nelson

Jun 13, 2018, 12:17:41 PM6/13/18
to Ichrak Mansour, Beagle Board
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Ichrak Mansour
<ichrakma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to run my application on the BeagleBone knowing that it works with
> MongoDB,
>
> so what are the database management systems bearable on BeagleBone?

Based on MongoDB's development list, NOT MongoDB on the BeagleBone, or
ANY 32Bit ARMv7 based devices.

So use any other DB.

Przemek Klosowski

Jun 13, 2018, 4:37:27 PM6/13/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Ichrak Mansour

> > so what are the database management systems bearable on BeagleBone?

The most obvious candidate is sqilite: super small, fast and nimble.

Ichrak Mansour

Jun 13, 2018, 5:09:23 PM6/13/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
And what about MySQL ?

    ICHRAK Mansour
Etudiante en ingénierie Téléinformatique
Université de Sousse - ISITCOM

Stuart Longland

Jun 13, 2018, 5:12:18 PM6/13/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On 14/06/18 07:09, Ichrak Mansour wrote:
> And what about MySQL ?

That could work too. Or PostgreSQL if you want something with a bit of
power.

--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Jun 13, 2018, 5:45:13 PM6/13/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 22:09:14 +0100, Ichrak Mansour
<ichrakma...@gmail.com> declaimed the
following:

>And what about MySQL ?

Recent Debian standard is to use the MariaDB forked from MySQL. Though
neither appears to be installed as standard on the BeagleBone images.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlf...@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Jason Kridner

Jun 16, 2018, 5:49:01 PM6/16/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 13, 2018, at 12:00 PM, Ichrak Mansour <ichrakma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to extend the RAM of BeagleBone Green to support MongoDB ?

I believe the limit for AM3358 is 1GB. Can SanCloud BeagleBone Enhanced work?

Ichrak Mansour

Jun 17, 2018, 9:21:34 AM6/17/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea about that really.