Can BBB Wireless update image in a bare metal device like ARM M0+(has a bootloader)

anoj...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 10:53:20 PM3/5/18
to BeagleBoard

Hello,

      I have a FRDM-KV11Z (dev board for NXP ARM M0+ MCU) and a Beaglebone black Wireless (ARM Cortex A8). I am trying to get a bootloader up and running in FRDM-KV11Z device so that we could program it using Beaglebone(BBB). The connection between BBB and KV11Z is using a RJ45 cable. The communication protocol used is UART with RTS-only.

My idea is to get the KV11Z device change its application whenever BBB gets a updated version of app code( from the cloud). Can you guide me through the development process I will need to follow to get this working? I appreciate if you could share any document related to this.

Thank you for  your time and help.
Anoja

Przemek Klosowski

Mar 6, 2018, 9:54:57 AM3/6/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 2:29 PM, <anoj...@gmail.com> wrote:

      I have a FRDM-KV11Z (dev board for NXP ARM M0+ MCU) and a Beaglebone black Wireless (ARM Cortex A8). I am trying to get a bootloader up and running in FRDM-KV11Z device so that we could program it using Beaglebone(BBB). The connection between BBB and KV11Z is using a RJ45 cable. The communication protocol used is UART with RTS-only.

My idea is to get the KV11Z device change its application whenever BBB gets a updated version of app code( from the cloud). Can you guide me through the development process I will need to follow to get this working? I appreciate if you could share any document related to this.

It's not clear what level of help you're asking for. Do you know how to update firmware on your Freedom board from your desktop computer? I don't remember the NXP bootloader details myself, but I don't think it's very complicated, and probably uses a USB port, right? Basically, you'd do the same thing from the BBB as you are doing when working on your desktop. The BBB has USB host ports so you should be able to talk to FRDM's bootloader as well as serial emulation over this USB.