Graphic connection from Windows 10 to BBB

chke...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2018, 5:18:38 PM2/2/18
to BeagleBoard
So, my BBB is working fine - I finally figured out (read the StartUp in more detail) that I don't need the drivers anymore! I can log in using SSH, but how do I get graphical login?

I will comment, that, as compared, to the Raspberry Pi, there is not a lot of documentation out there. All my local library has is Donald Norris' IOT book - which is good, but concentrates more on Pi and Arduino.

Charles Keith, newbie (not to computers, Linux, etc, but to Beaglebone.)

Dennis Lee Bieber

Feb 2, 2018, 6:06:51 PM2/2/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 14:18:38 -0800 (PST),
chke...@gmail.com declaimed the following:

>I will comment, that, as compared, to the Raspberry Pi, there is not a lot
>of documentation out there. All my local library has is Donald Norris' IOT
>book - which is good, but concentrates more on Pi and Arduino.

Off-hand -- whatever answer you find for the R-Pi would apply to the
BBB...

Mainly -- the trick is to get Windows to act as an X-server (display)
for an X-client (the BBB).

There may be other schemes to do the same (VNC, remote desktop)
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlf...@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Charles KEITH

Feb 2, 2018, 7:18:38 PM2/2/18
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! That's exactly what I was planning tomorrow morning!

Charlie Keith